8: To Talk To Your Twin

Being a god meant that you didn't sleep much. Which also meant that Percy had to find other things to do. During his middle of the night shower, Percy's thoughts drifted like they tended to do.

How was Kat? Tony had told him that she was fine... But that didn't stop the twinge of guilt he felt. She was going to have to live forever because of him.

His thoughts drifted from Kat specifically to the visions he'd had of her. Percy thought more in depth about what he'd seen. Then he realized that the visions weren't in order as he'd seen them. The biggest giveaway was that in some her hair was dyed, and in others it wasn't.

Then something startled Percy. How had he not noticed that before? The man that Steve had been smiling at? He had a metal arm. That is not a normal thing to have.

Who was metal arm dude? Steve obviously knew him, and for some reason Percy didn't understand, the guy seemed almost familiar to him as well. Percy was sure he didn't know the guy, but he couldn't shake that feeling.

After Percy got out of the shower and dressed, he opened up his laptop. Two things allowed him to do this without worry: The first being that his godly aura kept monsters away, the second being that Leo and Tony had developed something that stopped monsters from finding demigods by their technology use.

Percy looked up info for Steve. There wasn't much about him in the present time, but there was a good deal from back in the day. Percy mentally shrugged and looked at that anyway.

The Howling Commandos. Percy blinked. And he looked again. And he blinked. That was metal arm dude, standing next to Steve, in WWII. Without a metal arm. He showed up in more photos, and Percy found out his name was James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes. 

Bucky Barnes was a dead man. But Percy had seen a vision of him in the future. Which meant that he wasn't dead. People had thought Steve was dead, yet here he was, kicking ass.

Percy got as much information as his brain could comprehend.

~~~~~~

Kat's dream was different. She was in some woods that she didn't recognize. It was very green and healthy looking, though, so there was that.

"Percy! Per-rcy!" A voice called out. It had an odd, bleating quality. "Per-rcy!"

Kat knew that voice. Her head tilted. Where did she know that... "Grover?"

"Per-rcy!"

"Grover!" Kat shouted, and took off running towards where she'd heard it. "Grover!"

"Percy!" 

They almost ran into each other. Kat grinned wildly. "G-man!"

"Percy?" Grover asked, very confused.

Kat did that thing where you're like 'yes! uh, wait, no.' "Not quite."

"Not quite?"

"Oh, you don't know." Kat realized.

"What don't I know?" Grover asked.

"Oh boy. What's the last news you got of Percy?" Kat asked.

"There was a rumour that he was a god, but he wouldn't have let that happen, so..." Grover trailed off.

"Okay. Okay, that's a... Yeah." Kat frowned.

"Um, who are you? I was trying to use my empathy link with Percy, so I don't know how I got here." Grover asked.

"Oh. Okay, sit down." Kat said, and took a seat herself. Grover hesitantly sat too.

"So?" Grover asked.