12: You Know What? He Can Deal With It

Kat woke when the sun hit her face. She tried to figure out how she had gotten there. The last thing she remembered was talking with Loki. 

A grin donned her face. She flew around the room, picking things to pack. A knock came at her door, and she opened it to reveal Lila.

Whatever Lila had been about to say was halted as she saw Kat. "Woah." The girl said instead.

It was then that Kat realized she was still wearing her Olympian stuff. 

"Are you a princess?" Lila asked.

Kat laughed. "I'm actually a queen. What do you need, kiddo?"

Lila blinked. "Uh, breakfast is ready."

"Okay. Let me change first, I'll be down in a minute." Kat chirped, and Lila left with a look of awe on her face.

Kat focused on dismissing the royal garb, and going back to what she had been wearing before. Her tank tops, skinny jeans, and vans were much more comfortable. With that she took off down the stairs.

Like she usually did, she helped Laura out with the kids. Clint wasn't a morning person, and Laura freaked out for a moment because she had a meeting at the same time that she was supposed to drop the kids off at the bus stop. Kat covered for her, and drove the kids instead.

They tried to get her to let them stay home. They got on the bus.

When she got back to the house, she found Loki in his room. "Are you packed?"

His head snapped up. "What?"

"Are you packed?" Kat repeated. "We're going to the Tower, remember?"

"I thought you were suggesting it, not planning." Loki said.

Kat grinned, and shrugged. "Same thing." After seeing Loki's blank/disbelieving face, she laughed and left.

Loki's heart stuttered a moment, and he chastised himself. Nothing would happen between them. He really ought to get his head on straight.

 Packing was easy, and he made his way to Katha's room. With a wave of his hand, he took care of her bags. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Well that problem's solved, then."

"When were you thinking of arriving?" Loki asked. "Or have you not thought about that yet?"

"Soon, but I have to tell Uncle Clint we're leaving, or there'll be a manhunt out for us." Kat said.

"Why not leave a note?"

"My writing sucks. You know this." 

"You can't even call it writing." Loki agreed.

"Hey!" Kat smacked his arm. Loki smirked.

Kat got an idea. "You know what? Imma just go wake him up."

She walked downstairs, and made sure the coffeepot was on, before approaching the door to his and Natasha's room. Instead of activating his spy instincts by making footsteps, she vapour traveled into the room. Seeing him sprawled out, she had to come to a decision. 

She was too far away from the bed. She could try to walk closer without waking him or... She vapour traveled again, right to the space above the bed. That meant she landed on the bed abruptly, shaking the entire frame, and scaring the hell out of Clint, all while wearing a sweetly mischievous face.

Clint let out a very manly yelp when she nearly launched him off, but in his alarm, he fell off the bed. He groaned. Kat poked her head out over the side. "Good morning."

Clint groaned, and it took his eyes a moment to adjust to the light, and he finally relaxed when he realized it was Kat. He grumbled incoherently, and when he didn't respond with a usual half-hearted curse, she realized he didn't have his hearing aids in.