39: A Wedding

Loki and Kat arrived on the outskirts of where the decorations and celebrations were. 

"We are in so much trouble." Kat said.

"That was not how I intended for them to find out our relationship." Loki agreed.

"What are we gonna do?" Kat asked.

"Give them an hour or two to cool off, before we broach the topic again?" Loki suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Kat said, and looked down the street. 

"Would you like to explore?" Loki asked.

"Of course." Kat smiled.

~~~~~~

Awhile later, the couple made their way towards the lounge. The mortals and Olympians were there, waiting. Surprisingly the atmosphere wasn't what the two were expecting.

Thor had explained it to them, and they had come to an understanding. The rest of the time they'd spent waiting was consumed by chatter and conversation.

"Uh. Hi." Kat said shyly.

"There you are." Percy grinned, and waved her over.

"Where's Mom?" She asked as she sat down, Loki taking the remaining space beside her.

"With Queen Frigga." Natasha said.

Kat and Loki exchanged a similar expression. They didn't even need tele to know what the other was thinking. If both their mothers were together...

Aphrodite giggled. "They are so cute, are they not?"

"Thanks, Venus." Kat said.

"Before any of you threaten me, I'd like to say that I will not let any harm come to her." Loki said.

Any remaining tension in the air faded away. Soon they were all laughing and sharing stories. Kat told them of her studies in seidr, and Percy insisted that Stucky explain that Shield was gone.

So much had happened on Midgard. It was hard for Kat to believe.

Eventually, Kat and Loki took their leave. The couple made themselves comfortable in an oversized chair. She rested her head on Loki's shoulder, and Blodfang curled up at their feet.

"What is it?" Loki asked.

Kat didn't answer for a minute. She played with Loki's hand while she thought, their fingers linking and unlinking...

"I don't want to be a queen." Katha said softly.

Loki waited for her to continue. He wanted to hear her say it, and not assume anything.

"I'm not... I'm not suited for that. It's not me." Katha said. "Besides, Percy's already in charge there... And I'm not a proper Roman counterpart, so it would get really weird in regard to authority..."

"What are you going to do?" Loki asked.

"I think... I think I'm going to renounce my title. After the ceremony." Kat said.

"If that's what you want, then I support you." Loki said.

Kat nodded.

"Mm." Loki hummed. "You should go. We're not supposed to see each other before the ceremony."

Kat pouted. "Do I get a kiss goodbye?"

"You may have a kiss goodnight, Love."

"Even better."

~~~~~~

The day of the ceremony came with a peaceful dawn. Flowers and cloth streamers decorated the streets and beyond.