22: A Story Of Twins

Kat was nervous. And she wasn't usually nervous, like, ever. So this was saying something. Plus, she had gone and left without her backup. Yay being impulsive, she thought.

Sally Jackson was sure to have seen the news, and Percy was sure to have told her that they were split soul twins. Kat however, was extremely nervous to see how the woman would react.

So Kat raised a fist and lightly knocked on the door.

Inside, there was a ruffling like papers moving, and feet walking toward the door. Sally Jackson opened it, and her eyes widened. Kat found herself trapped in the woman's embrace.

"Oh, my baby..." Sally whispered, tears in her eyes.

"Hi Mom." Kat said softly.

Sally loosened her hold to pull Kat inside, and lead her to the couch where they sat down. Sally's hands rested against Kat's face, and ran through her hair. 

"I never thought that I'd get to meet you." Sally whispered.

"Why did you think that I wouldn't come?" Kat asked quietly.

"Because you were never born," Sally said.

~~~~~~

Percy had made them all swear on the Styx not to tell anyone without his permission, and now the squad were almost at the base.

"Ye could have probably kept it a secret for a longer time, yeah?" O'Brien asked. "So why'd ye tell us now?"

Percy looked at all of them. "Because I'm fairly certain one of you is a demigod."

Their eyes widened, but Woods was the first to respond. "Who?"

"That," Percy said, "I will tell the demigod privately, if I'm right."

A few minutes later they were going over the plan.

"Yeah, 'cause we didn't make one." Woods said.

"I want to get what intel they have. That's our mission, intel and destroy." Percy said. 

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Myers asked, crossing their arms.

"I use the Mist to disguise us as HYDRA agents and we walk in. I'll be putting a lot of effort into the Mist, so we shouldn't worry. Then we gather our information, and I teleport you back here. Once you are at a safe distance, I'll get to destroying the base." Percy said.

"How are you going to destroy an entire base on your own? We don't even have any explosives." Woods scowled.

Percy laughed. "One, I won't be alone. Two, I am explosive myself."

"Who's going with ye?" O'Brien asked.

"My big puppers." Percy grinned.

"Your... Dog?" Myers blinked.

"Yup." Percy continued to grin.

Woods groaned. "He's gonna die, we're all gonna die, and I have a date on Tuesday."

"Hey!" Percy said. "Don't underestimate Maully."

"Molly?" O'Brien repeated.

"Yeah, Maully. Like Molly, except like, 'maul' instead. Maul, you know-" Percy made chomping/clawing motions with his hands.

"You named your dog with a pun?" Myers asked.

Percy grinned.

"Okay, that's... Actually kind of cool." Woods admitted.

"But still, how is your nicely named pooch going to help you wreck a HYDRA base? And I don't see her here." Myers asked.

"He-" Percy said.