16: Cabin 21

After Percy managed to explain it as best he could, he looked over his shoulder at the cabins, and grew incredibly confused. "What the Hades happened?"

The others easily figured what he was asking. "One day they just moved. And that new one showed up at the head, where One and Two used to be." Chris said.

Percy had a suspicion and quickly stood, marching toward the new cabin at the head. The table jumped after him. 

"No one's been able to get in to figure out anything more." Chris added.

"Yeah, Five gave it our best. The door won't budge." Clarisse huffed.

"No luck on our end either." Connor pitched in.

"Can't even see in the windows." Travis complained.

"20 didn't have any luck either. They said it was like the cabin was waiting or something. Creepy, if you ask me." Chris said.

They turned a corner, and Percy abruptly stopped in front of the cabin. He took in the pale blue paint, driftwood trim, net hammocks hanging on the front deck, double driftwood doors, and ivory curtains blocking the view from within. Everything about this cabin -house seemed to say 'home' to him. But the symbol above the door confirmed it: a hand firmly grasping the hilt of a sword, the tip pointing to the sky.

"Yeah. That's the cabin." Connor said. "We've been calling it 21."

"Some of the campers are making up stories or theories about it." Travis added.

Percy swallowed. This was his cabin. His feet took him forward, up the steps. His hand trailed along the smooth driftwood railing. When he got close to the doors, he reached out a hand. Before he could even touch them, they slowly opened, as though a silent breeze were guiding them.

He heard splutters of surprise from behind him, but continued walking inside. The curtains parted by themselves as he entered, shedding light upon the pristinely clean interior. To his left was a large living room. There were plenty of bean bags laying around in an orderly disorder, surrounding a large coffee table. Against a wall was a two person loveseat, and Percy had seen this particular piece of furniture before: In the throne room of Olympus. To his right was a kitchen, and a large dining room.

He heard footsteps behind him and knew that his friends had joined him. "I take it this is your cabin then, Prissy." Clarisse commented as she looked around.

"Yeah." Percy said, still dumbstruck that this was real.

"How the hell did you get a cabin? Only the major gods have cabins..." Chris trailed off.

"I guess being King counts for something." Percy said absently, looking around in awe of his cabin.

"King?" Chris, Travis, Connor, Jason, Piper, Frank, and Hazel all said in unified surprise.

"Yeah." Percy said, still distracted.

"Do you mean King of the Gods?" Jason asked.

"Unfortunately." Percy replied, walking further into the house-cabin.

"You're actually the King of the Gods?" Frank questioned, again, to make sure he'd heard right.

"Yep." Percy said. "Got in a fight and kicked Zeus' ass. Dethroned him."

While the demigods gaped behind him, Percy fully realized that he was about to explore. To his left beyond the living area, was a staircase. He'd come back to that in a minute. Opposite the staircase across the hall was a bathroom. The back half of the house (He was thinking this was more of a house than a cabin at this point) was divided into rooms. Each room was lined down two walls with bunks.