11: The Start of Something Greater

God of Heroes and Guardians... Percy thought. Not really surprised there. But where did Heir to Poseidon come from? Oh yeah, we kinda made that deal a while ago. Huh, wonder how that will work if I'm technically the King too...

Goddess of the between. Kat thought. What the Hades does that mean? And Heir to Neptune definitely means I'm Roman. Huh, guess I'm the Roman queen. Weird.

Simultaneously, both twins glanced over to their father who looked both incredibly proud and horribly confused. They gained matching smirks.

The crowd of gods left the chant hanging in the air as a lingering memory. They whispered among each other as they left, the great golden doors wide open. Gods liked gossip. Annabeth slipped through the crowd immediately, and looped her arm through Percy's. A moment after she'd taken her place, Poseidon stood in front of the twins.

The twins smiled awkwardly. "Hey Dad." They both said in unison, with the same tone. Annabeth stifled a laugh at the twins and Poseidon's face.

"Um." Poseidon said.

"Yeah." The twins said in unison, yet again.

Poseidon looked between them, his eyebrows scrunched into a unibrow in his confusion. "So..."

Annabeth laughed. All three sea-blooded looked to her. "What? It's not like you're all strangers."

They chuckled at themselves. Poseidon looked at Kat. "So, I have a daughter now?"

"Yep, sure seems like it." Kat said.

Poseidon looked between the two of them, noting everything that was similar, and all that was different. Among the same, was the natural hair, eyes, skin, posture, attitude, facial expressions, and if what he'd heard was anything to go by, their thought process and speech patterns. What was different besides the obvious male and female distinction he found, Percy had a grey streak that Katha did not bear, and Percy did not have blue. Percy had scars, whereas Katha's skin was unmarred. Percy had the Legion's mark and Katha had her entire forearm bearing roses. Poseidon noted that while roses were beautiful, they also had sharp thorns. He thought it was fitting for a child of his.

"Technically, I think I'm roman. Which means that I'm a daughter of Neptune? Right?" Kat said.

The sea god nodded. "There isn't much of a difference between my aspects. My Greek self is more... Relaxed, I guess. My Roman self is a bit more war-like, and less loved. Romans were stupid. The assholes could've done a lot more conquering if they weren't so scared of me."

"It didn't help that when they were already scared of the seas, you got upset and made it worse." Hades said as he joined them.

"I did not get upset." Poseidon said defensively.

"So you are not currently pouting, then?" Hades raised an eyebrow.

The three young ones grinned. Percy leaned down and gave Annabeth a quick kiss. Katha turned away. She felt a wave of cold wash down her spine. She gave an apologetic smile. "Uh, sorry, I've got to go."

"Bye Kat." Percy and Annabeth said.

"Goodbye Katha." Poseidon said softly. Hades gave a respectful, familiar nod.

Just after Katha vapour traveled away, Percy turned to Hades with a question.

~~~~~~

Katha sat down on the couch staring straight ahead, taking no notice of the world around her. Percy and Annabeth are soulmates. But if I'm a part of Percy's soul, will I ever find my own? What If I'm alone forever?