3: A Name Is Very Important

Loki took a seat, and began to properly investigate the situation that was the goddess' mind. He completely ignored the others in the room, placing a barrier around himself and the girl so as to not be interrupted. Every so often, he'd have to stop and clear his own mind, take a moment and stretch his numbing limbs.

Thor slipped in after some time, exhausted from his negotiating with SHIELD. He entered the infirmary with two plates, each bearing his midgardian joy: Poptarts. "Loki, take a moment." He asked of his brother. The barrier let Thor through.

Loki looked up at Thor with tired eyes, and eyed the plates. "What is it?"

Thor offered one to him. "Midgardian pastries. I think you would like them."

Loki raised an eyebrow, and took a plate from Thor. He waited until the oaf had already eaten some before trying it himself. He found that he did like it, and ate his entire portion.

Thor looked at the girl curiously. "What have you found?"

Loki leaned back in his seat. "I know what I have to do to get into her mind, and then I'll find what comes next."

Thor examined his brother. "Would you like to get some sleep before returning?"

After a moment, Loki nodded. "I should."

~~~~~~

Loki dreamed of blurry images, and woke with a heavy feeling in his chest. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he brushed his fingers through his hair. Loki was told of what he'd done while controlled, but he was sure that he knew only some. The prince felt that he'd rather know. Then he could at least hold himself accountable.

Damn, he thought to himself, it's far too early to be thinking like this. Go on, splash some water on your face, you'll feel better. He took long strides into the washroom, and did exactly that. He dried off his face, and tidied up his hair before slipping out of the room. 

Loki heard Thor speaking in one of the rooms, and decided to avoid whoever he was talking to. He'd eat later. Now, he wanted to get back to the goddess.

It was a good thing he did, because things weren't the same as when he'd left her. Her mind was worse. The outside felt... well, attacked- and not by some foe, he realized. 

"Oh dear." Loki frowned, genuinely concerned. "She's tearing her own mind apart."

Loki took his seat, and gave a glare to the air in general. This was going to be trickier than he'd thought, and he was working against time. Fantastic. Then, he began to work.

It was like a magnificent spiderweb, electrified, knotted, and everywhere. Loki was struggling to disable the warding. It if was physical exertion, he would have been sweating within the first minute, and panting soon after. There was so much to untangle, to straighten, to smooth, and organize. 

A tap on his shoulder was enough to put him off his game, and he stumbled. He was shocked out of the web, and stood up in alarm. Holding a hand to his head, where he felt the strain of what he'd been doing, he glared at who had disturbed him. 

Thor looked irritatingly innocent, and offered a plate of food and glass of water to Loki. "I noticed you hadn't come for breakfast, and it's well past when midgardians eat 'lunch'. You should eat."

"I don't have time." Loki scowled, and took his seat yet again, almost diving back into his work before Thor bothered him again.

"It won't take long. Eat a little, at least." Thor insisted.

Loki glared at the wall in front of him. He took the water from Thor, and chugged it before passing it back. Loki didn't wait for a response prior to returning to his task.