29: Queens' Rage

Kat was happy with the progress she was making. Odin was giving her less stink-eyes, but he was usually still grumpy whenever he saw her. However, she had made plenty of friends with the other Asgardians.

It was later in the evening, and Kat wanted to talk with Loki for a bit. {Hey, where are you?} 

There wasn't a response. That was odd. It was like he didn't even get the message.

{Loki?}  Kat tried again, being more careful in case she had messed up before.

There still wasn't a response. Kat set down the scroll she was holding.

"Katha?" Sif asked.

{Loki?} Kat put more magic through. Still no response.

"Katha, what is it?" Sif asked, placing a hand on Kat's shoulder.

"Something's wrong." Kat said. "I can't contact Loki."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes. This has never happened before." Kat said.

"I'll find Thor, we'll look for him." Sif said, and took off.

Kat passed the library on her way to Loki's room, and didn't find him there. She tried scanning for his magic as she ran down the halls, but still couldn't locate him. She didn't sense his magic in his room, but something made her open the door just in case.

He was lying on his bed. In an instant, Kat was beside him, and placed a hand on his forehead. His skin was hot to the touch. It was Loki in front of her, but his mind wasn't there. A hint of a darker magic was, though.

{Mother!} Kat cried out.

{Katha? What is wrong?}  Frigga's alarmed voice replied.

{Loki! Something's wrong! I- I- I don't- I don't know,} Kat couldn't explain any better in her panic.

Frigga soon entered Loki's chambers, Odin close behind. Odin looked confused as Frigga joined Kat, after all, Loki didn't look injured.

"His mind is gone." Frigga said. "Someone's taken him."

"What?" Odin and Kat growled.

"His mind is being held hostage. Who would have the power to do that?" Frigga said, and Kat knew there to be a rage in her tone.

Odin scowled. Kat turned back to Loki, and then after a moment she blurted. "The Mad Titan."

Odin's eye snapped to Katha. "Where did you learn that name?"

"Loki told me. The oracle gave us another prophecy before we came here. The Mad Titan was mentioned in it, and not in a good way." Kat swallowed back bile.

Odin took a few strides and placed his palm against Loki's forehead. He retracted his hand with a growl. "It's not his magic, but I would recognize that taint anywhere."

"We have to get him back." Kat stated.

"You can't come." Frigga said.

"What? Why not?" Kat demanded.

"The spell in your mind. They will recognize his magic." Frigga said.

A growl ripped from her throat. She leapt to her feet and paced angrily, before opening a cupboard where she had learned Loki hid his liquor. She found the bottle of nectar he had stashed for her. 

Falling into a criss-crossed position, she set the bottle down in front of her and entered her mindspace.

"What is she doing? Meditation won't help Loki." Odin hissed.