1: Brothers' Return

Thor turned to his companions as they caught their breath. "What has happened?"

"Well, I got kidnapped by HYDRA. Where's Percy?" Tony answered, shifting on his feet as he scanned the area again.

Natasha pointed to the settling dust.

"Wait. You mean to tell me that just after he whooped Zeus' ass he gets himself nearly killed again?" Tony demanded, his helmet retracting.

"Pretty much." Thalia replies.

"What did he do? Why'd he go god-mode?" Tony gestured angrily.

"Tartarus." Nico said, darkly. "Tartarus teamed up with HYDRA."

Tony paled dramatically. "Tartarus?" At the nods, he pointed to the dust. "There?"

It would have been a bad idea to answer him, but the silence was answer enough for the uncle. "Has he checked in?"

"No." Annabeth said over comms. "The tech on him died in the first wave."

That was plenty of information for Tony, because his helmet reformed and he flew into the space where the sphere had been. His friends called for him to come back, wary in case Tartarus had still survived. Tony didn't respond, instead searching with his scanners.

There was too much magical interference for the mortal technology to work. He cursed wildly until Thor stepped in, swinging Mjolnir and clearing the dust. As the area was unveiled, some of the ground seemed to be stained by shadow. That was the only sign of Tartarus. 

As for Percy, he was laying in the dirt, most definitely unconscious, but alive. That's what Tony's eyes locked on, and began to make a beeline for him when Thor reached an arm across Tony's chest and held him in place.

"What?" Tony demanded. In response, Thor gestured with the hand still wielding Mjolnir. Tony then noticed a second form not very far from Percy.

It was then that the others made their way into the crater, having taken after their companions. It was Steve who broke the silence. "Who is she?"

"I don't know. I've never seen her before." Thor frowned. "She is Greek. Perhaps you would...?" He inquired, eyes flitting between the demigods. None had an answer.

Natasha was the first to move again. She had her suspicion, but she had to confirm it. Clint grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing?"

"I think I know who she is." Natasha replied.

"What?" Many of the crew asked simultaneously.

Natasha whispered to Clint. "Remember that dream Percy told me about?"

Clints eyes widened and he lurched forward into the crater. He and Natasha made their way down through the sandy debri. Still attached at the wrists, the duo used each other as balance.

Tony called out to them when they got close. "Wait, hold up! Don't get closer!"

"Why?" Clint called out defensively.

"Look at the ground! The dirt is fucking hot! Can you imagine what temperature those bodies are? The air around them?" Tony explained his observation.

Thor decided to approach, being a god and all. It wasn't heat, per se, Thor realized, it was just the residual effect of strong magic. He recalled when his brother had achieved some high skill enchantment, and the weapon had a similar, though not the same air of power. Nor was it this extreme.

"Tis magic," Thor called out to his friends. "What should we do?"

"What color are her eyes?" Natasha asked him.