19: The STRIKE Team

Since they took down the drug business and had uncovered clues as to the locations of other HYDRA facilities, Steve and Percy had been an relentless force. They took down a facility every week, if not more. They figured that if they slowed down, they'd give HYDRA enough time to reinforce themselves and recoup. 

It was one occasion when they were en-route to a facility that an agent called Rumlow turned to Percy. "So, rookie. How is it that you can keep up with our dear ol' Cap?"

Percy smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know."

"Come on, what's the secret?" Rumlow  asked.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?" Percy replied.

"He's got a point." An agent with short platinum hair chirped. Their eyes were a brown like cognac- a redish amber, and one eye had a segment of a bright blue.

Rumlow frowned at the agent. "We're a team, we ought to know."

Steve frowned from behind Rumlow.

"Are we a team though?" They speculated. "I rather think a team trusts each other." Percy was fond of Agent Myers; they spoke their mind and said what they meant.

"Myers. Shut the hell up. We don't need one of your philosophy discussions." Rumlow grunted.

Myers and Percy smirked. 

"Reaching the drop-off in five." A pilot announced.

"Oh good." Rumlow said.

"Anyone have any questions on the plan?" Steve asked the group.

They briefly went over the plan, yet again. When it was done, Rumlow leaned in Percy's direction. "But seriously. What's your secret?"

"You really want to know?" Percy raised an eyebrow. 

Rumlow's look was answer enough.

Percy leaned over to him and stage whispered so the whole STRIKE team could hear. "Well, the truth is," Percy paused, donning a blank face that could be taken as a serious one. "I'm obviously a god."

Rumlow's eyebrows shot up into his hairline. Percy kept his blank face for all of one second until he snorted and fell into laughter. The other STRIKE agents joined in.

"Ho! D'you see that! He really believed you!" A redheaded Irish agent O'Brien crowed.

"Oh, he's gonna need a drink to recover from that embarrassment later." Myers chimed.

"After the mission." Woods replied, lip piercing accentuating his grin. "Don't need him drunk on the field."

"He's gonna have to get black-out wasted for this." The second pilot chuckled.

Rumlow's face turned red from embarrassment. "Alright, that's enough out of you." They all ignored that comment.

Woods grinned. "So, where're we going afterwards then? Tammy's? BlackBird? Lil' Lily's?"

"We're not going to a strip club, Woody!" O'Brien exclaimed. "Or that gay bar you fancy so much." O'Brien seemed to shiver at a memory.

"Still not over 'The Incident'?" Myers smirked.

O'Brien shivered again. Myers laughed.

"Fine, fine. Tammy's it is." Woods said. He looked over to Percy. "You're coming right?"

"Well," Percy said. "I would, but they won't let me in, let alone drink."

"Why not?" Woods frowned.