27: Asgard

After the song ended, Kat and Annabeth made their way over to the two gods. Annabeth looped her arm through Percy's. "That went well."

"Oh, hey, Percy?" Kat mentioned, "Dad's been having some trouble. Figured you should talk to him."

Percy tilted his head. "What kind of trouble?"

"The can't sleep kind." Kat replied.

"Oh." Percy said, and nodded. "I'll talk to him."

The notes of the next song began to pick up, and more pairs of people began to join in. While Annabeth & Percy, and Sally & Paul joined the others, Kat looked up at Loki expectantly.

Loki blinked in surprise, and then led Kat into the dance.

"I didn't know you could do that." Kat said.

"I am a shapeshifter. I can do many things. Does it bother you?" Loki asked.

"Nope." Kat said slowly.

Loki had a hint of dubiousness in her eyes, but Kat hadn't lied. After a few moments of silence, Loki spoke up again. "Mother contacted me."

"Oh? What did she say?" Kat's eyes widened.

"I am to return to Asgard in a few days." Loki said.

Kat's eyebrows shot up. "Really? Why?"

"There's been some commotions, and there's a unique event to happen soon. She'd like that I am home for that." Loki said.

"When are we leaving?" Kat asked.

"We?" 

"Well, you're not leaving here without me." Kat replied.

"What makes you say that?" Loki asked.

"Lots of things." Kat said. "I guess Percy and I will have to talk to the gods."

~~~~~~

Talking to gods was like herding cats. Except harder.

Percy and Kat were exhausted when they finished.

~~~~~~

On the day before they were to leave, Thor arrived. Tony had called Bruce a few days prior, and the scientist had joined the tower for a while. Percy kidnapped Bucky for the day, and took him to Camp Half-Blood.

Kat and Thor were introduced to each other, and Thor was surprised to see how friendly Loki was with her.

While Kat brought out the Monopoly game board, Thor whispered to Loki, teasingly. "You fancy her."

Loki elbowed him harshly, then acted as if nothing happened.

Tony claimed Bruce as his teammate. Kat plopped down on one of the smaller couches, and Loki took the seat beside her out of habit. Natasha and Clint were already partners in crime, and Thor took the last available seat next to Steve.

The science bros duo began talking strategy quietly, while  Natasha and Clint seemed to communicate through minuscule twitches and telepathy. Steve began explaining the game to Thor, who was slightly confused, but catching on. 

Loki glanced over at Kat, and saw her blankly staring ahead. He felt the pressure against his magic, and subtly placed his hand at the back of her head before putting more into the spell.  Loki returned his hand to his lap as she blinked several times.

She looked at Loki. "I did it again, didn't I?"

Loki nodded, and continued to silently observe the game.