Is that all she thinks?

Vedant Dixit

"Good morning ladies. Where is Adi?" I asked looking around the table.

"Ohh he is still sleeping." Mom said.

"Ishu. Go wake him up he needs to come with me to office today. He's had enough of his leisure time." I said taking my seat.

"Ohh god! I am always troubled between you both. You go & wake him up. Let me have my breakfast." She said gobbling down her food.

Just then mom said,
"Aree, Sana don't take that Aloo paratha. Only one is left. If is for Ved. He doesn't like methi ones." Sana just looked at me and then at the paratha.

"Umm... even I don't eat methi paratha." She said.

"Yess, but you could adjust that much for him naa. He doesn't like methi at all." Mom said to her and she was going to keep that aloo paratha in my plate when I held her hand.

"It's fine maa. Even she doesn't like methi at all. This time around I'll adjust for her." I said taking the methi paratha in my plate.

"See, you should've gave him that. He will never ask anything from anyone. Can he not have his favourite breakfast also now?" Mom said irritated.

She tore the paratha in two halves and gave me one half.
"This way both are adjusting. This is how it should be." She said eating it and I just looked at her with a small smile.

We walked towards the parking and she started going towards her jeep.
I held her wrist and said,
"You're coming with me in my car."

"No. When did I agree to that? I'm going in my jeep." She said rolling her eyes.

"Don't start an arguement in the morning itself." I said irritated.

"I am arguing? Seriously? I am just saying I am going in my jeep." She said with an incredulous expression.

"Can you for once listen to me?" I said glaring at her.

"Fine. But don't get used to me listening to you always." She said getting into the passenger seat.

As if you are going to ever listen to me!

"You can work here in my cabin. And, if you need anything just ask me. I'm going to be on a round." I said showing her the table where she could make designs.

"You're going? And I am supposed to work here alone?" She asked pouting.

"Are you afraid of being alone here?" I asked  going to closer to her.

"One hand distance. Maintain one hand distance from me." She said glaring at me and I laughed.

I started moving more closer to her and she started moving backwards.
Her back hit the edge of the table and she stood there completely nervous.

Mera chota patakha nervous bhi hota hai!

"Do you get nervous if I am this close to you?" I asked whispering in her ear and she shuddered.

I soo enjoy this!
Kya?
There are very less times when she is nervous!

"Yess." She said and her eyes were closed while her breathing was too erratic.
My own heartbeat was too fast to handle.

"Ved!" I heard a cheery voice and Sana quickly opened her eyes while I was in no mood to move away from her.

"Did I disturb something?" Kavya asked and Sana had the same fire in her eyes again and she gave me a look which clearly said
I-want-to-kill-her!