This felt surprisingly safe!

Sana Dixit

I was working on the design with Samar and I could feel a pair of eyes on me.

He's going to get it from me today!
He's staring soo much!

"I'll throw this whole table on your head if you don't stop staring at my face." I said still focused on the design.

"And how do you know I am staring at you?" Vedant asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, asshole and let me work." I said throwing a pencil at him and he laughed.

Samar just cleared his throat and said,
"I wanted to talk to you."

"Umm hmm." I just hummed.

"Yaar, ye teri biwi kitna bhaav khati hai!" Samar whined looking at Vedant and  he just chuckled.

"Mujhe to kabhi bhaav deti hi nahi hai, to tujh jaise langur ko kya degi." He said laughing.

"Sana, I am really sorry for whatever I said yesterday. I was just too panicked and— He started but I interrupted him.

"I don't need your sorry will you treat me with a large tub of fries and coke? I'll talk only if you agree." I said shrugging.

"Just that?" He asked shocked.

"What do you want me to ask for? Your kidneys? Sorry but no they will be as useless as you are." I said rolling my eyes and there was this person laughing sitting on his chair.

"Tu jyaada na daat phaad ke has." Samar said glaring at him.

I was just going to tell  both these people off when Samar's phone started ringing which was kept before me.

Neha.

Wait!
Neha?

I'm going to kill him!

I glared at him and snatched the phone.

"Hello." She said from the other side.

It was her!

"Neha, I'm going to bury him alive. So good bye." I said and hung up.

I looked up at Samar and he already looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"It isn't like you are thinking." He said and started running.

"Ohh you better run for your life Samar Malhotra because I'm really going to chop your balls off!" I said going behind him.

He climed on the couch and started jumping around while I was chasing him.
"I have good intentions for her." He yelled.

"I don't care. I know you are going to end up hurting her and she is stupid she won't see it coming!" I yelled and ran towards Vedant's chair.

"Yaar, ye teri Biwi kitni daraawni hai." He said and I stood before Vedant's chair while he stood behind his chair.

"I'll show you how daraawni I am!" I said glaring at him and held his tie.

"I am serious about her!" He said trying to free himself from me.

"What's going on?" Ahaan asked as he entered the cabin and I got distracted so he was quick to free himself.

"Stop fighting like kids you two." Ved said glaring at us.

"Shhhh! Ekdum muh band. Aaj toh isko mujhse koi nahi bacha sakta." I said glaring at Ved.

I picked up a paper weight on the table and threw it at Samar who quickly dodged it and pushed me towards Vedant's chair.

"I'm sorry!" He said yelling and ran away from the cabin but I landed on Vedant's lap and he was quick to hold me at place by my waist.

I just looked at him and
Damn!
I wasn't able to take my eyes away from him!

He just gave me a soft smile and said,
"He's not that bad."

"You said the same thing when we met first and he ended up having a one night stand and on the top of that he left her on the bed alone." I said rolling my eyes.

My anger just vanished?
Great!

He tucked a strand of my hair and said,
"Neha, would do just fine. Trust me? I know that he has a reputation of being a playboy but for him Neha is diffrent." He tried to explain me.

"Can I trust you on this?" I asked with my hands on his shoulders.

"I'll talk to him, don't worry. You can leave that to me." He said.

"Are you sure? I don't want Neha to shed even a single tear." I said glaring at him.

"Give me a chance to prove myself. I'm not that useless." He said chuckling while stroking my hair back and that was when I realised I was sitting on his lap.

Shitttt!

I was going to quickly get up but his hold was tight enough to keep me in place.

"Let me go." I said nervously.

"No." He said and I looked at him shocked.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It's so rare to see you nervous. So, I'm not letting you go." He said and I glared at him.

I smacked his chest hard.
"Owww! Violent woman." He said wincing.

"Let me go you ass!" I said hitting his chest once again and he loosened his hold on me.

"Pata nahi kaise isko jhelne wala hu main!" He muttered but I heard it.

I just narrowed my eyes at him.
"I think it's time we should leave for home." He said nervously and I hardened my glare.

"Aree mera chota patakha, kitna gussa karegi. Chal." He said swinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Chota patakha?" I asked confused.

"That's what you are." He said and I pushed him away.

"It's a blessing that you're still alive." I said shaking my head.

"Ohh You can't kill me." He said and we as we got out of the office building a gush of chilled air hit us.

"Why is it soo cold suddenly." I said wrapping my arms around myself.

"I forgot! They've showed in the weather forecast that the temprature is going to be low for a few days." He said removing his coat and placing it over my shoulder.

"Hold it tight. You'll catch cold." He said.

"And what are you made up of steel? You are not going to catch cold?" I asked walking towards his car.

"I'll be fine. Me catching cold is better than you catching it." He said encircling his arms around my shoulder.

And I just kept looking at him as If the world disappered and he was the only one.

I could see how cold he was feeling because he was shivering.
So, I did something really unexpected.

He would die of a heart attack probably!

But, just in this moment I felt like forgetting everything and giving in.

I wrapped my hands around his torso and placed my head on his chest.
He pulled me closer.

This felt surprisingly safe!

After a long period of time, I've felt safe and comforted with a man.

Don't forget what happened when you gave in to your heart's desires the last time!
My brain mocked.

But just in this moment I wanted to feel safe.

Which I do after a long time!