Prologue

PRINCESS ON THE LOOSE

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HIYA! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.

COPYRIGHTS. DON'T COPY PLEASE.

Warning: Will contain lots of grammatical error and mistakes. (First book completed guys ;)) It's now in the process of revision and editing.
*This story is also inspired by princess charm school which I've watched with my lil sis one evening. But don't worry, this story will be way different from it. ;)

Prologue

NO, this couldn't be. The principal did not just say that. Did he?

"Clarissa, are you alright? You look rather pale." Our kind principal looked at me concerned. I scrunched my eyebrows at his stupidity. Well Mr. Sherlock, of course I would look pale. Who wouldn't look pale? I'm devastated.

"Sir, I don't think I heard you right or maybe I just don't understand anything that you're saying. Will you repeat it again?"

"You're the chosen one. The most prestigious, high class, King and Queen Academy chose you. In fact, this news surprised me."

"What do you mean surprised? This has got to be a joke. What about Verona? She was as good as me, how come she wasn't chosen?" Verona was talented in everything, including being a bitch.

The man chuckled before me, his deep baritone voice filling the tiny room. He leaned back behind his desk comfortably. "You see, she tried enrolling there but after she was interviewed, she got rejected flat out. Poor girl." He continued laughing as I frowned.

"Oh." But weren't spoiled girls usually chosen?

"I am here to congratulate you. Well done Clarissa. I hope you would do well and make our school proud." He smiled at me like I'm the next Oprah which I didn't get. Obviously I wouldn't do well.

"Let's not hope so much sir. I wouldn't go that far but I would try my best not to fail you." I smiled back at him. I couldn't back out now when he was looking at me like that. I hated this, I needed to get out of here soon and probably never come back.

"That's my student. Now go, they've come to get you."

"What?!" I almost shouted. They've come to get me now? "How about my friends? My family? My relatives?" If they come now, I wouldn't be able to escape.

He frowned. "I'm sorry. I'm not the one making the rules."

Then as if on cue the door opened revealing two muscular guys with black tuxedos and awesome ray bands. I would have admired how cool they looked since I loved James Bond but now wasn't the time. I had to think of something quick.

I threw myself at the principal and hugged him affectionately. "But honey, I don't want be separated from you. I love you so much. I'd rather be with you forever." I batted my eyelashes for the special effect.

His jaw dropped open, then the realization came to him. He pushed me away. "Clarissa, now's not the time for playing games."

"You're throwing me away? After everything I've done for you? After all those long, amazing nights?" I asked teary-eyed. I glanced at the two bulky men as they cleared their throat uncomfortably. Good.

The principal paled like a white out.

I faced the two men. "I love this man so much. I don't think it's a good idea to tear us apart. No I don't think you've chosen the right girl. Surely you wouldn't choose someone who's having an affair with a man thrice her age."

They almost nodded at me.

"Enough Clarissa!" The principal bellowed. "I knew you would do something like this but I didn't think you'd go this far. You even included me in your scheme. Take her!" He ordered the two angrily.

"Sweetheart! Please don't break up with me! How could you do this to me, to us?!" I cried as the two men took both my arms.

"Are you sure she's the girl who was chosen?" One of the men asked. Finally they were doubting me. This was just getting better and better.

"Yes she is" Another voice answered. I looked at the tall intruder. He was wearing a black coat and he looked like some middle-aged handsome professor with a beard. "Don't let her acting get to you. She's used to resolve in making up a scenario in an instant to get what she wants or get away. Don't forget, she was brought up by a con artist, although her father is now a changed man. A mighty powerful good man, I may add"

The two nodded guiltily as I groaned.

"I think you better take her now before she does something again" The principal sighed, massaging his temples.

"Why me? Why did you choose me?" I asked the middle-aged man curiously. He finally looked at me in the eye. "I'm not preppy. I don't like dresses or heels. I hate those things."

"It's because you're smart, quick to think," He simply answered. "And I'm not the only one that chose you. There is a very influential person that suggested you specifically but I don't know the reason why"

I sighed. I guess this was the end of my free and blissful life. Things like these just seemed to hit me all the time as if I was in the middle of the ocean being walloped by continuous rolls of waves. It never stops and I never get enough rest.

"Congratulations Clarissa Marie Valdez for being chosen by King and Queen Academy. You are now one of the many princesses in training. I'm sure your father would be proud when he hears the news"

I'm not so sure about that.