Chapter 40

Thank you guys for everything!

Still busy with exams but I'll update when I get 108 votes and 60 comments only if you guys read my other books as well, pretty please. :*

*****
Chapter 40

He can't be him. He wouldn't do that to my parents. He loves me. Or does he? Is everything a lie? Had I just been part of a big con?

I stopped crying when I realized it's not going to solve anything. Mindlessly I walked up to the place where I saw lots of flowers. I sat against the tree, and smiled at the memory of Gavier and I having a loud picnic last time. Lately I had been coming here when I wanted to think or when I felt confused which had been happening a lot, I tell you.

I closed my eyes and felt the breeze on my face, then relaxed comfortably.

The king's lying. Or somebody is. My dad could never do such a thing.

"Dad what does mom look like?" I asked my dad one morning.

"She looks like you. A beautiful and kind angel. When you see her you feel like it's Christmas morning. You feel hope. She was wonderful," he said as his eyes became misty.

"What happened?" I finally got the courage to ask him. I had a feeling he didn't want to talk about it which was why I never brought up the topic.

His fists clenched and I could see anger in his eyes. "She died."

He kissed me on the forehead and left abruptly.

My thoughts were disturbed by a pair of soft lips on mine. A hand cupped my cheek as he angled our faces into a better position. My eyes snapped open and held his hand.

Gavier, you sneaky bastard.

I bit his upper lip hard and he groaned and let go after licking my lips one last time.

He smirked down at me, caressing my face with his hand which I took and put my lips on his palm, giving it a small kiss.

His eyes darkened and the way he was looking at me made me want to shrivel up and hide. He had that predator look on his face. So dangerous.

Thankfully he didnt attack me otherwise I might have a heart attack. He laid his head on my shoulder and intertwined our fingers, making my heart skip a beat.

"What's wrong?" He asked and my mouth dropped open.

"What do you mean what's wrong?" I retorted. How did he know something was wrong?

"You're very submissive today. You're not flinching away like you used to. Something is definitely wrong."

My anger fueled up. I wasn't sure why I was angry. Maybe because of the crap I was under, being the missing princess had its perks and cons, furthermore I'm worried about my freaking dad who suddenly became a stranger to me, or that Gavier knew that something was indeed wrong.

"Damn it. Nothing's wrong so could you just please leave? I came here to have a peace of mind and you just ruined it! Why won't you leave me alone?! It's not like we're lovers. For all I know you're having other affairs with other women!"

His eyes widened with my outburst and it later turned into a glare.

I glared back, I was angry at him because he has a lot of hold on me. He freaking has my heart in his hand. He can so easily crush it.

"I don't fucking know what's going on in your head but know this. I don't play around with other women. You're the only woman I ever touched and kissed. But then fine, I'll fucking leave you alone if that's what you want. Come back to me when you're done being a bitch." He stood up and left, his fists clenched.