Chapter 26

Hey guys! I began writing a new story! It's called: "My Devil Guardian" Please check it out and tell me what you think. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

*****

Chapter 26

I felt like I was in a coma. My face was drenched with make up, my body waxed, my nails painted. My dress was even torturing me; it was a violet dress with peacock feathers that matched my mask, nonetheless it was too tight and exposed too much skin for my liking.

Clutching on my purse, I put on my mask and strutted my way inside the adorned room full of fabulous men and women. The boys had cleaned up well, they oozed a debonair demeanor and charm. The girls dressed like famous celebrities, their attires glittered like diamonds.

"Would you like some wine madam?" A waiter asked, he too was wearing a mask. He could be one of the judges in disguise so I put on my best behaviour and smiled.

"Yes please, thank you," I said and took the wine glass in my hand.

The waiter bowed and left me to roam aroud the wide room in amazement. It felt like I was Cinderella attending a ball. Everything just looked stunning and beautiful. The standard was really high and indescribable.

"Look who's here. I could smell bitch from across the room," a familiar voice sneered.

Oh please, I don't have time for this. How did she know it was me and if she does who else?

"I have a peace offering, let's deal with our animosity next time Anastasia," I spat back.

She crossed her arms under her bosom which was spilling out quite tremendously from her sparkingly golden dress. She could have been beautiful if she had dressed more modestly.

"And why should I agree with you?"

"Because we both know, things are going to get ugly if you don't."

"What if I want it to get ugly?"

"You wouldn't want that. Public humiliation doesn't do good for you does it?"

Her dark red lips smirked. "It's bearable when the result is having you lose this challenge." She tipped my wine on my perfectly good dress.

She began walking away smugly but I stuck my foot out on which she tripped clumsily.
Her dress ripped, showing her back and I could have enjoyed her red, embarrassed face as she stood up and covered her breasts with her arms but thought it was too much. No lady should be humiliated that much.

Being the kind woman I was, I swiftly pulled the tablecloth from one of the tables then covered her with it. I mentally thanked my dad for teaching me how take a tablecloth off no matter how many things were on top of it such as pots and containers of food. It was one of the magic tricks I learned from him.

"Still want to get things uglier?" I whispered in her ear and she froze.

She left with her head down leaving me alone with my problem: my dress.

I took care of that easily though. Violet wasn't my color anyway. Mrs. Wales was right, she gave me a back up dress just in case I ruin my former one. The witch really had supernatural powers. The backup dress had the same design as my other one, only that it was red, my color. I went to the ladies' restroom and put it on hastily, not wanting to miss any second of the party.

By the time I went out, the lights had dimmed and partners began gathering to dance in the middle of the room.

"May I have this dance, my princess?" A mysterious guy with a dark mask appeared in front of me out of nowhere. Had he been waiting for me?

I took his hand and he gestured me to come with him on the dance floor.

The man was tall and familiar. He was gentle and strong at the same time, just about right.

I'm really grateful that I worked hard in my dance lessons. The blisters on my feet really paid off.

I hope he isn't one of the judges though. That would be just weird and akward.

The handsome man with good physique led me gently. He put me closer to his body and for some reason I wasn't complaining. My body knew this sensation and only one man could make me feel like this.

Gavier.

His hand which rested on my hip pulled me against his chest and I gasped, clutching on his neck tightly, looking up at his intense blue eyes.

He stared back at me, his eyes sparkling in wonderment. "You're so beautiful."

I felt shivers all the way to my toes as he brought his face closer to mine and gave me the sweetest kiss.

This is too much. . .too much. He's too dangerous, too dangerous for my fragile heart.

��������)3'��

Awww. Who do you guys think was behind the mysterious guy's mask. Was it really Gavier or somebody else? ;)

Thanks heaps for being awesome readers. I updated even earlier coz I'm just that awesome. Joke, it's coz my love is oozing ryt now and I'm in a really good mood. XD

Love ya'll!!!