Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

"Just let it all out," Carlos urged, "I was waiting for this actually. I was surprised you survived this long before finally breaking down."

"You're mean," I whined and blew my nose on the tissue Carlos gave me.

"I mean through all the things you've just gone through, that was pretty tough, most girls bawl their first day here."

"Nice to know I'm not that hormonal." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled for a bit then suddenly faced me with a solemn face. "But you know, this is the first time I saw Gavier ever take an interest in a girl, and even tease a girl. I think that was just a misunderstanding Clarissa, he probably didn't mean it."

"Yeah I know, m-maybe I overacted a little bit," I said sniffling, "I-I just don't want to be like a toy to him. I just want to be friends."

I felt so pathetic, my voice was even quivering and my hands were shaking slightly. What happened to me?

"I know Clarissa." Carlos pat my back and it was strangely comforting, "There are people who tends to joke a lot and doesn't realize that the joke was too much. Strangely, Gavier is one of those people, and I swear Clarissa all those times I watched him when he was here, I never saw that side of Gavier, probably only when he was alone with his two best friends. I never even saw him laugh or really smile. And you, you were here for only a week and you've already seen that side of him. Clarissa, I don't think you're just a toy to him. If you didn't know yet, people who gets familiar with each other joke around. Gavier must have felt comfortable and familiar around you for him to joke around like that. Clarissa, you and him are already friends. It's just you who thinks that you're not."

His words stunned me and I began to finally realize the bigger picture. My tears automatically stopped and I looked at him, smiling like a fool. "Really are we friends?"

"Yes."

I jumped up and hugged Carlos hard as he gasped for air. I never felt so relieved. "Thank you Carlos."

He patted my head as I let go. "Just talk to him about it. Anyways good luck on your interview." He smiled at me gently.

"Thank you again Carlos. And oh yeah, umm do you know if I could talk to my father?" I asked, "They confiscated my cellphone."

"Sorry Clarissa, but you're not allowed to talk to him unless it's call day."

"When is call day?" I grumbled, not really happy about the arrangement.

"Every end of the month. Don't worry they'll announce it."

"Okay!" I cried cheerfully, "thanks again Carlos, you're the best adviser."

He smiled at me, shaking his head as I left his room feeling as light as a feather. It felt really good, opening up like that. I'm really glad I went to him for advice, to see his view of point because I am not an expert with relationships. My dad and I always moved before I could really get to know a person. Why?

Well it was because of his enemies. Yep, dad has lots of enemies and friends. Even though, my dad didn't do those bad things anymore, there were still a lot of people who hated him. Most of them were also powerful so you could guess how I've been living my life. I always had to be alert, to be observant, and see what was out of place. It was dad that taught me those things, and he even taught me a bit of self-defense so if he wasn't there I could somehow protect myself.

I've been kidnapped a few times too, even gone to dangerous places before. Dad let me run some of his errands, sometimes I don't even know what they were for but I didn't really care because I trust him with my life. He was my teacher, my mother, my father at the same time but I never really asked him about relationships since it never really entered my head. So you see, relationships were really not my thing, but I'm still learning.