Chapter 35

I don't really have much to say except keep being awesome! I won't bore you any longer, keep reading!

P.s. Don't forget to check out my other book "My Devil Guardian" ;)

*****
Chapter 35

I groaned groggily. My body was sore all over. I could feel deep breathing and light snoring all around me. Where am I? I decided not to think so hard and snuggled deeper in the soft duvet but then a foot kicked my face. I scowled and sat up as I opened my eyes.

Nessa, Ria, Eric, Levi, Jarvis, Ellaria, Lucas, and Gavier were sprawled on the king-sized bed with me. What the hell happened here?

I groaned once again, my head was aching as if someone was drilling my head. I scavenged my way out of the bed, careful not to wake anyone up. However, just as I was about to step on the floor, I jumped up, almost stepping on someone. It was Keith and the bull, snoring with their mouths open, their shirts and pants nowhere to be found. At least they still had their boxers on. I shook my head in disgust and found a blanket on the bench and covered them with it, including their faces.

I was unfamiliar with my surroundings but I'm pretty sure we were still in the academy. The walls were high and white. Paintings were placed against them here and there, putting some life in the room. I stepped out, not really bothered. I need to feeaking drink water.

Fortunately the kitchen was nearby and someone seemed to be using it. I could smell something delicious.

"Livana?" I was surprised to see her wearing an apron.

"Good fucking morning," she mumbled and continued flipping pancakes on the pan. "You need anything?"

"Water please," I replied hoarsely.

She got me a cup of water and I gulped it down in one go. "That was so fucking good."

"I fucking bet. From all that running and chasing like a motherfucking rat being chased by cats--"

"What?" I looked at her baffled.

"You don't fucking remember do you?"

"Not really."

"There was a damn game of chase in the fucking party. . ."

I zoned out by then, I began to slowly remember until the whole thing slapped me in the face. I swear, I'll never play that game again. And that's right, I'll have to kill Lucas later.

Flashback. . .

"May I have everyone's attention please,", Lucas said over the mike. "We'll be playing the game called cats chasing a rat." There were whistles in the crowd and I could tell that they were getting excited.

"So here's the thing, there'll be only one rat which we will all be chasing and when you've caught it, you can ask that person to grant whatever you wish for."

I nodded grimly. I certainly hope I won't be the rat.

"For the rat to be safe, she has to get on the top floor of this building which is on the 8th floor. If she gets there, she cannot be caught and therefore wins the game."

"The person who will become the rat in this game is someone special to me. She made me realize my real peoblem and helped me solve it." Oh freakin' no.

"The rat will be non other than-----Clarissa Marie Valdez!!" He smiled at me as I frowned. "We'll give her 10 seconds before we chase her. And it starts. . .Now!"

I bolted towards the stairs and damn, it looks long.

"Lucas I'm so gonna kill you for this!"