Chapter 11

Chapter 11

     The man before me turned his head and looked at me, his face a little shocked from seeing me. His eyes narrowed a little at my distraught appearance, probably wondering why I looked like I just came from hell.

He turned his head back to the woman, and whispered something to her ear making her smile and leave while I stood stoned, my heart beating fast, not really believing what I was seeing. It was as if a fairy granted my wish and poof, there appears my dad.

 "Dad, is that really you?" I asked, almost whispering even though we were the only ones in the hallway.

He smiled and opened his arms. I ran to them with a bright smile and he caught me, twirling me around.

"H-how?" I asked, still not believing it. Parents weren't allowed to come inside the academy, except maybe Queen Elizabeth.

"Have you forgotten what I'm capable of?" He asked, smirking, his green eyes twinkling.

I laughed. My dad could really do anything if he wanted to do it. Even if I was at the end of the world, he would still have found me, and find a way to get to me.

We heard footsteps, and he snapped his head back frowning at the group of bodyguards who were looking around for something or someone—probably him.

He immediately put me down and pulled me to a secure location at the back of a sort of alleyway.

"How did you break inside, dad?" I asked worriedly.

"It's complicated," he said, turning his head from time to time, "I don't have much time, they're looking for me."

He faced me then caressed my tearstained cheek. "I was worried about you. What happened? Who did this?" His eyes were full of worry and concern.

I sighed. "Oh you know, just had a brawl with an arrogant jerk."

"His name." His eyes flared suddenly.

"Umm. . .Prince Gavier Czarkshaw."

 "Let me give him a message then," He sneered, cracking his knuckles, his face looking like he was about to commit a murder. Oh no.

"It's okay dad, I handled it already," I said, remembering that I slapped the prick hard. It felt so good doing it too, probably too good.

"But what happened to your lips, they're so red and swollen."

I gulped, not knowing what to say to that. It would be weird to say we fought, then kissed, then fought again. That would be damn confusing, and damn I'm confused.

"I've been biting them," I lied and he just nodded his head, dropping the subject.

"Anyway listen Clarissa, you can't trust anyone here. People want you dead. You have to trust me on this, okay?" He caressed my hair affectionately.

"What do you mean dad?" People want me dead? Why?

"It's too soon to tell you, just trust me." He suddenly looked like he was in pain, the sadness in his eyes evident. What happened? I've never seen my dad like this and I hated it.

I hugged him. "It's okay, I trust you dad."

He smiled, but I could tell something big was still bothering him.

"Always be careful, especially be wary of Queen Elizabeth and anyone connected to her. But for the time being you're safe here."

"Okay." I nodded. "She seems so suspicious anyway."