Chapter 36

Wow! You guys managed to reach 102 votes in three days. And here I thought it would at least take a week. I have such awesome readers! As promised, here is the next chapter. Happy reading! xD

Thanks to katerina_xx for the awesome cover! Love it!!

*****

Chapter 36

I felt myself being stripped, a soft silken cloth being put on me, my face was being touched and brushed, my lips and my nails were being painted, it felt like I was on fire.

And I'm literally on fire.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" I gasped furiously at the servants touching my body.

"Princess, calm down."

"I will not calm down when strangers are touching me!" Are they fucking crazy? They think I'm just gonna let them do whatever they want with me?

"Clarissa you're a-awake," a familiar voice and face finally appeared.

I glared at the girl. She had kidnapped me and I don't easily forgive those type of people. "What the hell's happening?" I stood up and shivered, feeling the cold air breathe at my bare back.

"I-I'm sorry," she whimpered. Her eyes brimmed with tears. "But I couldn't do it."

"Couldn't do what?"

"Attend the p-party. I'm too scared and s-self-conscious." She began crying and took the napkin that the servant gave her and blew her nose.

I cringed my face. I didn't like to see people crying, much less a girl myself.

"Please, you have to go to the party instead of me otherwise I'm going to die with humiliation."

"I don't understand," I said, genuinely curious. I have calmed down and decided I would hear her whole story. One by one the servants fled from the room, giving us solitude.

"M-my parents hate the w-way I'm shy and unsociable. I could barely speak to people I don't know and I hyperventilate when there's too much pressure. And since they didn't like this part of me, every time there's a party they would hire a professional actress to attend it for me. In the magazines you'd see Princess Catherine as a strong woman and a social butterfly." She looked down and frowned.

I sighed. "And I bet this has been going on. So what happened to hiring an actress?"

"She's not feeling well and I have to get another substitute in less than an hour. I read your profile and immediately got you." She looked up at me with big, googly eyes. "C-clasrissa? Will you please attend this party for me. Please."

How could I refuse? She looks so pitiful, my heart aches when I imagine her attending the party and embarrass herself. That's just sad.

"Fine," I sighed then thought that maybe if I persuade the judges about helping this cute princess they might let me through the announcement of the fifth challenge.

She jumped up and hugged me tightly. "Thank you! THank you!!!"

"On one condition," I said, "You have to be there as well. And you will be acting as my friend."

"What?" Her eyes widened. "I've never done that before."

"You've never been to a party?"

How could she socialize if she doesn't even practice it? Clearly her parents easily gives up.

She shook her head, her orange ringlets falling across her face. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

"Then I'm not doing it," I said stubbornly and sat down, crossing my legs.