Chapter 10

Chapter 10

   I could hear voices, frantic ones. I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't.

"How could she do this to us?" It was a woman's, oddly familiar.

"I'm sorry your majesty but it's the truth. You know I wouldn't lie to you." I would never forget that voice. It was dad's.

What was happening? Why couldn't I see anything?

"I can't let her do this to us. I won't allow her. I'll talk to her."

"I don't think that's a good idea, considering she's thinking of striking tonight."

"How about Arthur? Where is he?"

"I'm afraid, I don't know."

There was a sudden gunshot accompanied by a frantic scream, I'm guessing the woman's. My eyes finally opened and what I saw made me tremble in fear. There was blood everywhere, 5 men with heavy arm fire shot the woman consecutively, their eyes cold and without mercy. 5 other men were on the ground, taken out by my father but it was too late.

"Lilia!" He cried, his voice strained, as he scrambled next to the woman's frail body. The 5 men who still stood up let him, knowing it would be their last moment together.

"Promise me," she pleaded, tears flowing from her grey eyes, "Promise me please, please."

"I promise." My dad cried, tears formed in his eyes as they tried to hold them in but failed. "I-I—"

The woman put a finger on his lips. "Shhh, I know, I know. Thank you Richard." And her eyes closed for the last time, her hand fell down with a thud. I wanted to scream but couldn't. It was painful so painful.

"Your majesty!" My dad bawled as he let his head bury in her chest.

"Up now you fool!" One of the men said, his face had a nasty scar on it, "You should have known better than to betray us Richard. Now this is your penalty." He rested a gun on his head. NoooO!!! Why couldn't I move? What was wrong with me?

"Shut up Grayson! Can't you let me grieve a minute longer?!" My father's voice boomed. I saw his hand sneakily snake on the dead woman's neck and retrieve her golden necklace with a blue pendant. The 5 men didn't see it but I did.

"Get the fuck up so I can beat you to death!" The guy whom my father called Grayson snarled.

"If you can." My father muttered before sweeping Grayson's foot and tripping him. The other 4 began to shoot my dad but my dad hid himself behind Grayson making his body a shield from the bullets fired by the four while he took Grayson's gun and expertly fired back at them. He shot two of them before running out of bullets. Quickly he dropped Grayson after he threw the useless gun through the window, making the window clash into pieces. The two goons snapped their heads towards the broken window, oblivious of my father's trick—a one second distraction, but it was enough for him to knock one of the guy's head with his fist, take his gun and shoot the other one.

 It was finally over, I thought, until I heard another shot directed towards my father. Nooo!!! Daddy!

 He dropped on his knees as he turned around to see a bloody Grayson holding a gun smirking at him. "You were always the best of us Richard and that's why I admired you. But how could you do this to us? How could you do this to me?"

"I did it to protect you."

Grayson laughed, coughing blood out. "To protect me? You call this protecting?" His eyes finally closed as he fell into unconsciousness. They were all wearing vests so none of them were critically injured.