Raincheck

Angelina

I sat at my desk typing away, todays been slow and boring, only three people came to me about problems. Can't they fix their own? Two people came to me complaining about how the printers broken and someone said the toilets aren't working, i'm neither a plumber or a smarty.  I mean I have a smart mouth but i'm not mentally smart. Do they really expect me to know how to fix a printer?

I phoned the main office about it twice but I never received a call back. It's about 1:23 p.m. now so only a few more dreadful minutes until I can leave for my class. A knock on the door startled me making me mess up my email. I accidentally clicked the delete button and now that's fifteen minutes wasted. Great. I wonder if I can go back and fix it.

"Come in" I say.
"Hello." Greyson says as he walks in shutting the door behind him. "Um hi?" I look back down at my computer finishing the last bit of it up. I was able to retrieve the deleted stuff so I was happy. Now I'm curious as to why he is here. "How can I help you?"

Sent! I smile, it's officially done, and no longer my worry, then I glance to the left corner seeing 13 unread emails I get to respond to. How joyous.

"I'm doing my weekly check ins. How is work going for you?"

"Yes, it's going well. Just different I suppose. I have to leave early today and I sent an email yesterday explaining why. I just really can't afford to miss this." I say almost pleading. If I miss the pop test without notice to my teacher, Mr. Morgan, I'll get an automatic fail and it will take long nights to get enough credits to finish this semester.

"Hm, okay. When do you have to leave?" He asks me with a husk voice. I look at the time 1:37 p.m. "Well, I need to leave by 2:30 to get there by 2:50 so I can be exactly in my class by 3:00 o'clock. He nods his head and forms a scowl on his face. The silence drags on for a while before he asks. "I usually take my new employees to lunch sometime during their first few weeks and since you're my new employee I was thinking we could go out to lunch wherever you'd like. I know that a popular choice is Enzo's Palace. They have a variety of everything with a beautiful selection of wine and champagne." Wow, that was a lot to take in. Although Enzo's Palace sounds delicious and expensive my addiction to food wants to say yes, I want to say yes, but I can't risk missing this pop test when I've studied and know almost everything by heart. Getting wrote up and needing more credits is a hard no for me. If I want to get a business in law degree I need my grades to go from a B to an A+ in his class.

"Im sorry, but I'm going to have to decline. I can't miss this pop test from Mr. Morgan."

"Well I guess I can drive you there for a rain check to get lunch another time?" That's almost a sweet offer. No, that's is a sweet offer. "You know why not. My car is still making this weird noise and I need to take it into the shop later this week. I'd  appreciate- Wait! I can't. Quill is picking me up because I asked him too. I'm sorry." I grab my purse and laptop and put my laptop in my purse. If you need a bag that will take care of your needs I suggest a Birkin Bag. It holds all my necessities.

The only reason Quill wasn't busy was because he's Quill and leaves mysteriously 3 days every two weeks. For his so called 'Business'. I smile to myself, watch he's apart of a gang or something. He's too sweet and kind. He couldn't even kill a fly if he wanted to. He's just a really gentle person.

"You can cancel and save him the trouble. I need to go into town anyway. I have business to take care of so really it would be on my way." Why is he so pressed about this? It's not that big of a deal anyway. Maybe he secretly likes you, but acts like he hates you. Okay, I'm not that delusional. Maybe.

"Maybe, I just don't wanna be written up for being late. I don't think you understand. I can't miss this. My future career depends on this." He nods in understanding as if he's been in my shoes. Which he may of have been.

"I could probably say something to them if you'd like. I have pretty good connections to most of the universities around here." He can't be serious. I've been working so hard for this degree, I've been doing so well on my own not needing to rely on other people to push me up a little. I can't just do that now.

"I don't need you to help me Mr.Lockwood, I'm very capable of doing things on my own, I'm an independent women you know, I'm not sixteen." I think I hit a hard nerve because the room became icy. Almost like this was his personal office and I was invading his privacy. I stare into his eyes trying to read his emotions, but I can't. I didn't mean it that way. It's just a number that came to mind. There's a reason it was that specific number.

I walk in front of my desk standing beside him. "Thank you, Mr. Lockwood, for your kind gesture. But I wouldn't like to trouble you with anything else. You've done enough." You just had to keep fueling the fire didn't you? It's not like I meant to. I walk out of my office trying to comprehend everything that just happened. I probably made everything worse. It felt kinda nice saying that to him. Even though I really, really wanted to get a chance to spend time with him, he's going to have to work for it and earn it. I don't want it the easy way. I don't know why I all of the sudden want to be around him. He's an asshole.

It's cold and my outfit was to good today to cover up. So I didn't bring a jacket. Shit. Quill better get here on time.
————-
Angelina

After class me and Browyn walked down the street to go thrift shopping. I didn't get written up today because there was a sub. I was late by five minutes due to Quill "Leaving his hookup just to get me." Story. I'm kinda grateful for the sub, but also not, she was Mr. Morgan's wife, so she'll probably tell him. She seemed nice though, and someone was even more late than me so I think I'm in the clear.

"Mmmm here, you should wear this mini skirt and this Black v-neck shirt with this Jacket, and these Heel Boots." Since B thinks me and Greyson might have a lil some some going on in the near future she's been 'decorating' me I guess. But I know it's because she's missing having Quill around since he left a few hours ago.

"B this is good, I don't wanna spend 200 dollars trying to impress a man, let alone a man I'll never be with." She sends me a death glare and continues to look around. "Be with, not sleep with." My jaw drops. "B!"

We buy everything she told me to and headed back to the dorms, Browyn has been super clingy the past few hours because Quill left on 'Business' like what? Now I have to entertain a psychopath who thinks I'm Malibu Barbie or something.

"Are you excited to woo Greyson tomorrow?" I don't know why she keeps saying stuff like this. Me and him will not happen.