𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"I did as I was told, I punched holes in their tickets

"I did as I was told, I punched holes in their tickets. Please, put me to sleep quickly. Let me reunite with my dead wife and daughter again."

The conductor bowed down on the floor of one of the train cars. Tears swelling in his eyes as the train rolled by smoothly through the night.

A hand. Yes, a hand, had crawled on over towards the sickly conductor and looked over his figure as he begged to be given his dreams.

Upon the hands were numbers as well as a mouth on the back of the hand and a large eyeball just above the thumb.

"Sure thing." The hand said through its teeth. "You did a great job."

"Now sleep. And have a good dream where you can be together with your family."

And just like that, the conductors body stiffened and his own eyes grew wide. His body fell down to the ground as he then slept, and began to dream.

The hand then turned around to the sound of a voice behind it, "Ummm... what about us?"

There were five small looking children. Maybe about ten or eleven years of age. One was a girl with long braided locks and tired looking eyes. Those same eyes went for the two other boys who were together with her. Two other girls, one with black hair and one with bright and shiny blonde hair. Their eyes seeming to be sunken in from lack of sleep.

"Just wait here, and you'll get sleepier soon. The sharp witted demon hunters might wake up because they'll sense the demons and their thirst for blood. Be careful as to not touch their bodies when you get close and fasten the cord." The hand explained, "I cannot move from the locomotive for a while. Just do your best until everything is prepared. So you can have a wonderful dream."

They looked at the demon. Finally, they could have the dream they'd always wanted. A good one. Just once to have a good one. Anything.

"Okay."

- Meanwhile -

A man dressed in rather extravagant clothing. The top of him looking to be wearing a tux with some striped pants below. His hair cut to a bob below his neckline. The coral colored ends waved with the wind as two longer strands colored to a bright teal color waved along with them.

The man standing on top of the train smiled wickedly, "It doesn't matter how strong the demon hunters are. He driving force of human beings is the heart. The soul."

He held his hands forward as if waiting for the holy grail to just drop in his hands from the heavens.

"I should just destroy the 'core of the spirit'. If I do that, they'll be living corpses! All human hearts are the same. They're brittle and weak. As if made from glass.