Chapter 19 - Anger

A few hours later..

< HENRY'S POV >

I woke up to beeping and I opened my eyes only to close them due to a bright light.

" Henry! " I heard my girlfriend cry out and a few seconds later there was a weight on me.

I slowly opened my eyes confused and looked around.

" are you okay? " she asked.

" what do you mean? " I asked groaning.

" the neighbors found you " she said and everything started coming back to me.

The being drugged.. the small fight.. the being shot..

Serenity!

I quickly ripped the IV out of my hand and sat up ignoring the pain in my shoulder.

" baby what are you doing? " she asked.

" I need to find my child" I said getting off the bed.

" babe you just got shot! " she said and I looked at her in disbelief.

I need to go see Janessa...

" I need you to take me somewhere " I said seriously.

" sure " she said.

< time skip to when they get there >

We got to the gates and surprisingly there were no guards so I took it as my chance to hop the gate which hurt my whole arm area.

I quickly ran to the door and knocked on it hard for a few seconds.

Eventually someone opened the door and I didn't know who it was but that didn't matter.

" I'm a friend of Janessa's and it's a emergency! " I said and the girl looked at me confused.

" PLEASE! " I yelled and she let me in.

" JANESSA! THERE'S SOMEONE DOWN HERE FOR YOU! " she yelled and walked away.

I quickly grabbed my phone and called her and on the first ring she answered.

" what- " she started.

" come downstairs " I said and hung up.

I was anxious, worried, upset, angry, guilty about all of it.

A few seconds later I saw Janessa quickly coming downstairs and my heart dropped.

She finally looked this way and her eyes wandered around and she ran up to me.

" what's going on? where's serenity? why are you here? " she asked quickly.

Silence.

That's what I was given..

" Answer me " I said seriously.