Chapter 47 - shocker

The Raines were too stunned to speak

They couldn't believe who they were seeing.

Some thought their eyes were playing tricks on them but no- they weren't.

Janessa and the rest of them walked with their heads held high and a expression that made some people mentally or physically coward away.

" I'd like to thank everyone who came " Anthony started and Joseph looked at him with a stern look in his eyes but behind that stern look was sadness and disbelief.

The group walked past all the people and walked down to the stage ready to announce.

Everyone else took their seats at the tables that were assigned to them and Janessa went to the microphone.

" I know this wasn't expected but i'm here to announce that i'm the leader of the Belgian mafia and I have been for the past few years " she said and people burst out in gasps and murmurs.

" I know- shocking but please if you have any questions go ahead " she said after a few seconds.

" What is your relation to Anthony? " somebody in the Ukrainian mafia asked.

" He's my brother " she said and there were more gasps.

" This is confusing.. a lot of us know you as the second daughter of the Italian mafia- how'd you get here? " someone in the American mafia asked.

" Sadly I'll forever be that even if I don't claim it but I got here because I was asked to do this and clearly he trusted me enough to do so. " she said.

" yeah no I have a question.. for mom. " Jamie started.

" what is it? " Vicky asked internally sighing.

" Where have you been the last nearly two decades in my life- in all of our lives? " he asked and Janessa looked around before taking the microphone from her.

" everyone but the Italian mafia asks questions, you'll hear your answers privately because some of you may get personal and this isn't what this is for " she said and some of them scoffed and made sounds of complaining.

" Why did you run away? Your father harassed almost every mafia to find you only for us to see you in Belgium " someone from the Spanish mafia asked.

" I won't be explaining those details in fact I feel I should let you all process this- we can reconvene later " Janessa said and a few seconds later music started playing.

Janessa and the rest of them started making their way off the stage while everyone else started chatting with each other.