Chapter 44 - explanation

* 3 days later *

Joseph was sitting down on the couch in the living room waiting for everyone to arrive

By everyone it meant his brothers and their family.

He was going to tell them about Janessa, he knew his brothers wouldn't tell them so he had to- also seeing as they continuously asked about her.

He wasn't scared but he was tired- and not in a sleeping way.

~

After some time of sitting the doorbell rang and he quickly went to get it.

When he opened the door it revealed everyone- literally! so that made him look at them confused.

" We all just coincidentally pulled up at the same time, what's the meaning of this? " his dad asked pushing pass him and the rest of them walked in.

" I wanted to talk to you all about Janessa " he said making them all stop in their tracks and look at him.

" what's wrong? is she okay? "

" why isn't she here? "

" what did you do? "

" JANESSA! "

" Why haven't i heard from her in a while? " and more questions were being thrown at him.

" Can we all go to the living room and discuss this? " he asked and they all started making their way to the living room.

When they all got to the living room and sat down Joseph stood up.

" So as you've noticed Janessa hasn't been around " Joseph started and let out a sigh.

" I don't know where she is truth be told. I made the mistake of putting my hands on her and this was about three weeks ago. I've tried to look for her but eventually I gave up- she doesn't want to be found and technically she's nearly grown but still that's not the point. I'm worried and I may not act like it but I am. I don't know if she's okay but I really hope she is. " he said and right when that sentence finished he was punched in the face. Then he felt a hard slap to the back of his head.

He looked and saw that it was his parents. He knew he deserved it- he deserved more.

" HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? " his dad yelled angrily.

" EXACTLY! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHEN I TOLD YOU TO FIX IT I DIDN'T MEAN BREAK IT!! " his mom added on angrily.

" define put your hands on her " Sarah said angrily and they all looked at her for a quick second then him.

" he put her in a choke hold " Jamie said.

" YOU DID WHAT?! " Cecilia and Jazmine yelled at the same time.