Chapter 41 - night before, new day

They were all eating dinner which consisted of curry and rice

This was some of their first times trying it and they loved it.

The day had been surprisingly chill although Janessa was on edge because she'd be officially running the mafia tomorrow yet she didn't show it.

Janessa started to feel drowsy and took that as her cue to start getting the girls to the room.

She got up and saw that both of them were done eating so she picked nyla up first then serenity.

" We are going to bed, have a good night and i'll see you in the morning. " Janessa said and the three of them walked away.

" I have a question " Stephanie said catching everyone's attention.

" is it stressful to run the mafia? " she asked looking at Anthony.

" To be honest it can be " he said and Stephanie went back to eating.

She didn't say anything but deep down she was worried for Janessa because it's a lot of risks to it and she hated seeing Janessa stressed.

Same for Diana but she knew she could only encourage it and be positive.

" and where did you come from? " Diana asked looking at Janessa's mom.

" truth be told i've always been here but i-" she stopped and sighed.

" never mind " she said and Diana and Stephanie looked at her confused but didn't push on it.

" Mommy " nyla said as i looked for them some pajamas

" yes? " I asked.

" Where's daddy? " she asked and I quickly turned around to see her smiling.

" Kürbis Ich weiß nicht, wer dein Vater ist " I said in German and I knew she couldn't understand me.
( Pumpkin I don't know who your father is )

I couldn't just flat out say that to her now..

" He's working so he can get you all the candy and toys you want " I lied.