Chapter 40 - confrontation right?

206k VIEWSS?? BYEEEE 🥺💕!

I love y'all all- likeeee 🥲❤️.

*******************************************

" still can't find her? " my brother asked barging into my office

" does it look like I can? use common sense " I said back not looking at him.

" Are you even trying? " he asked.

" yes now go away " i said trying to concentrate on my book.

" it doesn't look like it " he said making me close my book and sigh.

" you're interrupting my peace. now clearly she left for a reason and if i was to find her she wouldn't come back and wouldn't it be wasting our time? " I responded back.

" listen to yourself! It's like you're not even trying! you cried and killed just to find her and get her back but now you're being nonchalant about it! " he said and I just stared at him.

" am i really? " I asked sarcastically after a few seconds.

" Joseph come on man! you were raised better than this " he said.

" She's not going to come back! She doesn't want to be around and what can I do about it? I wouldn't come around me either if i were her because I put my hands on my DAUGHTER! I brought that trauma on her and I didn't even apologize the way i should've.. she's clearly not in America and nobody else in this family knows where she is so what do you want me to do about it? If I couldn't find her then what makes you think I can find her now? " I said angrily.

" LOOK FOR HER! " he yelled.

" I GET WHAT YOU'RE SAYING AND I UNDERSTAND WHY SHE'S DOING WHAT SHE'S DOING! LOOK FOR JANESSA!! SOMEBODY KNOWS SOMETHING- JUST TRY! THIS IS YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOUR LETTING HER RUN OVER YOU! " he yelled.

" please get out " I said calmly and he scoffed.

" there's the door " I said seeing as he was still standing there.

" right whatever " he said and a few seconds later he walked away.

I grabbed my glass and then my bottle of whisky before quickly pouring it- I think I'll need another bottle later.