2.

Brittny

I woke up this morning to the sound of arguing and hollering. My parents were having another 'Disagreement'. I looked at the clock and saw the time. It read 6:53 am.

"What an Alarm Clock..." I mumbled to myself out of frustration.

I hopped out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I stopped by my full length mirror and stared at my reflection. I was Dark skinned with hair that hit the middle of my back. I stared at my face then I scrolled my eyes down the rest of me.

I had bruises and marks all over my body from Diggy and my dad. So I usually wore long clothes to cover them up, But what's the use? They're never going away. I sighed then stared at my figure. I was a full figured girl. My breasts were huge and My thighs are another story. I didn't really have much of a belly, but it's enough for Diggy to notice and tease me about.

I proceed to my bathroom to take a shower. I turned the faucet and once the water turned hot, I stripped off my clothes then got in. 20 minutes later I got out and started looking for an outfit. I was never the type of girl that would wear girly stuff. Never was, never will be. I always wore converse and sometimes uggs. Yeah uggs are kinda girly, but that's it.

It was a cold Fall mourning and the start of a new school year. I left my hair to be messy and I wore a white addidas shirt with a blue hoodie, and my chestnut colored uggs. I found my beanie that said "Don't be mad bro, Be glad bro" on it. I wasn't the richest girl, but I was well privileged just like any other teen. I then grabbed my bookbag and went downstairs. When I walked down the steps all I saw were empty beer cans all over the place. It looked like a tornado hit it.

I saw my dad laid out on the couch drunk and asleep, and my mom was in the kitchen looking through mail. I watched as She picked up one envelope and threw it on the table in frustration. I could tell it was a bill. It hurt me to watch my mom suffer, But what can I do? I'm only 14.

The bus ride to school was peaceful... Until Diggy got on. I tried to hide my face from him, but he still saw me. Surprisingly, he didn't do anything. This may be a good year after all. The bus stopped and I got off. As soon as I got off guess who pushes me. You guessed right, Diggy.

"You thought I didn't see you?..." he said to me as I laid on the ground. I sighed then got up and brushed it off.

"Seems like someone hasn't changed over summer." I watched as kids laughed. I wanted to cry but... No. The least I need is for people to see how weak I am by crying. Besides, I've done enough crying. I'm use to the battering and teasing.

I made it in the school then into the class. I walked all the way into the back of the room. I isolated myself from the rest of my class. The Homeroom bell rung and my principal, Dr. Mathis, came in the the class.

"Good mourning class. How was your summers?" He asked the class and they all said good.

I sighed to myself because I spent my summer starving myself. I was trying to lose a few pounds before school started, but that didn't work out too well obviously, because I've lost nor gained any weight.

He continued to speak. "Well Class. This school year Mr. Moore will not be your Homeroom teacher anymore..." Some of the class began to cheer while others sighed.

"So you students will be receiving a new teacher." After he said that he walked out the classroom and into the hallway. He was out there for a while, so the class just began to socialize. I took this time to take out my head phones and write in my poetry book, since I had 0 friends in this class and school to talk to.

Poems and song writing was my only escape from the world.

I kept my head down as the song "Heart attack" by Trey Songz was playing. I just continued to write.