35.

Jacob

"Perez!" One of the officers called me. I was sitting in my cell just staring at the ceiling as usual. "You got a visitor." He began to unlock the cell door.

"Who?" I asked him.

"I don't know, and I don't give a fuck." He said in a cruel tone.

Cruelty is all I've received for the past few months. Can't trust anybody in here. They're all cold hearted. Jack is a cool dude. It seems He has my back, but that's not enough to Help me get through this life. Just the other day some guy got killed. It was The scariest thing I could ever think of. We were having lunch then suddenly a fight broke out. I don't know how it started or what it was for, but the guy winning, grabbed a fork and jabbed it in the other guys neck several times. I was so shocked that guards didn't react as quick. The guy was already dead and covered in blood by the time guards actually stopped the fight. You see, I honestly think I'm not hard enough for this life. I've gotten into a few fights in my life, but what if some shit goes down in here? I was raised around women my entire life, I didn't have a dad to really teach me anything about what a mans gotta do to survive crazy shit like this. But I'm not weak. I'm certainly not weak at all. I fight when I have to. But in this place, I think I've met some of my matches.

I slowly stood up from my bed and tiredly walked towards the officer. Who could possibly want to visit me? Unless it's Brittny sitting at that Booth waiting for me, I couldn't care less about a visitor. I placed my arms out in front of me so He can place the cuffs on me.

"Why so lazy today? Wanna lay down and think about little girls all day?" The officer teased.

This one specific guard does everything in his will to irritate me, provoke me, everything.

"Just shut the fuck up..." I snarled. His grip on the cuff tightened around my wrist.

"If I wanna make your life hell... That's what Ima do. Ya, Sick Bastard." He husked in my ear.

If He was some other guy on the street, I would've been slammed him somewhere. That's all I've been getting from him. He constantly says 'If You were fucking my daughter... I would'be been killed your ass.' So cold hearted. Nobody sees my side of this situation. The officer continued to pull and tug me down to the visiting area. Little did He know that He was barely making me budge. While entering the visiting area one small glance brightened you my day. There She was, waiting for me. It seems She was crying a little bit. Man, I hate seeing my mom cry. She's possibly one of the strongest women I know, but she's also one of the weakest. Her feelings get the best of her almost all the time. In this case, she's gonna have to suck it up deal with it. Your little boy won't be home anytime soon.

I hate that after all these years, This is the first talk we're gonna have. 5 long years... Man, I missed her, but do you know how ashamed I am? This is honestly embarrassing. I know I fucked up her life. I took several deep breaths as the guard started to uncuff me

"15 minutes, curly Sue" The guard teasesd again.

I rolled my eyes and slowly walked over to my seat and sitting down.

"Hi mom" I genuinely smiled. She smiled just as lovely. I just can't talk to her knowing she's hurting that I'm in here. I just hung my head low...