25.

Brittny

"Why did your mom find an opened condom in your room?" Jacob sternly asked me through the phone.

As soon as I picked up the phone, he jumped straight to the point. No 'Hi' or 'Hey Babe'. His voice sounded calm though.

"I don't know..." I lied.

"Yes you do." He protested. "Me and you never had sex in your room. So, what is an opened condom doing in there?" His voice rose.

"I don't know..." I irritably said.

"Brittny, Don't give me that Bullshit!" He yelled. It made me jump a little. "I Know you're lying!"

I started to tear because I know that if I told him the truth, it would only make this situation worse. I sniffled and whined quietly so that he couldn't hear, but he did.

"Are you crying?" He asked in a calmer and more settled tone.

"Uhuh.. " I said. He sighed the asked

"Is it Diggy's? " He asked me in a sincere tone. I didn't answer him. "Alright then..." He sighed. "I love you, But you on some fucked up shit right now... " He hung up.

He left me feeling like complete shit. I never felt so much like a hoe. He actually loves me and I'm the one fucking it up because of my hormones. I honestly don't know why I slept with Diggy. There was no feeling of actual love and pleasure in our intercourse. Though I still have a small crush on him. I'll try to avoid him, but there's no way I can. It's not like Diggy is the bully that I got to escape from when I came home. Now, he's the guy I like, but can't escape because he's in my life now. I sensed that Jacob was dying to ask me that question. He has this paranoid feeling of losing me to Diggy. I think it's out of Jealosy that Diggy's younger, so He and I may have more in common. He should've thought of that when he got with me. I'm still young.

I grabbed my Teddy bear and laid my head down on my pillow. I fell asleep with tears in my eyes. I cried myself to sleep that night, but I was interrupted by loud screaming and glass breaking.

"You thought yo ass was gonna leave me, Bitch!?" The familiar frightening voice growled. I can tell that voice apart from anyone else because that voice belonged to my father.

Jacob

I was furious. Nothing could put my anger at ease . How could she do this to me? I thought she loved me. She's having my kid and she has my heart. Why would anyone wanna fuck up something good like that? But maybe it's my fault. That's what I Get for messing with girls younger than me... THEY'RE DUMB. I need a mature and more experienced woman, not a little girl.

Then again, I can't leave Brittny. I love her too much. Knowing her, I know she didn't have any feelings towards D- just then, my phone rang in the middle of my thought. I looked at the caller ID and it was Brittny. I was guessing that she was calling to apologize. If she was, I was willing to accept. I couldn't stay mad at her any longer, but I knew I wasn't about to be the one to apologize.

"Baby-" I began to say as she cut me off with screams and yelling.

"Jacob Help Me!" Then the the line went dead.

I wasted no time throwing on my sneakers and running out the door. I jogged down the steps to Brittny's floor. I heard a lot of slamming, crashing , yelling and screaming going on.

'What's going on in there?' I thought. I banged on the door for someone to open.

"Brittny!!" I yelled. The violent sounds just seamed to ignore me. I ran down the stairs to the Lobby to see if Joey was there. Thank God he was there taking the night shift.

"Joe, Something's going on in Cynthia's apartment! Gimme the keys!" I panicked. He jumped from behind his desk then booked it up the steps to the apartment.

*Narrator*

"You leave me and you let my daughter get pregnant?!?!" Brittny's father, David, Yelled as he continued to beat her mother. It brought back horrible memories of when she lived with her father and the many beatings she received from him. The marks he gave her, the bruises, the cuts, have all cleared up now, but they are still there mentally and emotionally. David began to beat Brittny's mother senseless. His fist were dripping with blood from Brittny's mother.

Her face had gotten swollen, hers eyes so puffy and black, knots all on her head, cuts around her face. It killed Brittny seeing her mother like this. Brittny tried to fight him back but whenever she did her mother would yell "You're gonna hurt the baby!" so she backed off.

"You dirty ass unfit mother!" He yelled as he beat her.

He punched Cynthia one last time sending her falling unconscious.

"Dumb Bitch" he mumbled out of breath as he reached in his pocket and pulled out his pistol aiming it at Cynthia's head. Brittny's life flashed before her eyes. If she looses her mother, her world will end. Brittny jumped on his back and wrestled him for the gun. He started to punch her, but she finally knocked it out of his hand. The front door flew opened and Jacob and Joey ran in and started to tackle David. Brittny backed off and went to her mother's aid. Cynthia was in critical condition. Brittny shook her limp body to wake her up before she slipped into something.

While Brittny was trying to save her mother, Jacob was not about to let this man hurt his girl and her mother.... or Him. Jacob was kicking him in his stomach while Joey was pounding him in the head. Somehow, David reached into his shoe and pulled out another gun. This one was smaller.

"Oh shit!" Jacob yelled when he saw it.

David fired a few rounds scaring everyone. Jacob and Joey were not giving up. They continued to fight for the gun until they heard...

"Put the gun Down and your hands up!"