11.

Brittny

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock going off. I yawned then opened my eyes and saw Jacob sleeping peacefully beside me. I smile then I did a double check to see if my eyes weren't fooling me. I quickly sat up in his bed and noticed I was still at his apartment and it was monday morning. I looked at the time. It was 4:30am

"Oh shit!" I Said to myself. I'm gonna be murdered when I get home. I never in my life stayed out this long, let alone stayed out at all. I woke up Jacob to take me home.

"Jacob, Jacob wake Up! You Have To Get me home!" I shook him. He twist, turned, and yawned until he finally sat up.

Not only did I have to get home before my parents woke up, but Jacob has to be in the school by 6.

"Alright get dressed" He said in a tired tone. His voice is so sexy in the morning. But that's not important right now.

I got out his bed and picked up my clothes that were scattered on the floor.

Damn, we got wild last night...

I threw on my clothes and He threw on his sweats and a T-Shirt. We literally ran out his apartment, to his car. We were driving fast, but not fast enough to get us pulled over. We didnt speak at all, I just dozed off in the car.

About 10 Minutes later I woke up to the feeling of someone gently nudging me.

"Babe, we're here." Jacob said. His voice was still deep and tired.

I opened my eyes and saw my house out the window. I started opening the car door. I was just about to walk out the car then Jacob grabbed my hand and pulled me into a nice slow kiss.

"I had fun," He said with a smile on his face. I replied with a simple smile. I walked out the car and I could still see that smile spread across Jacob's Beautiful face. I couldn't stop smiling either.

Its really hard to get me to smile, Chresanto, My mom, and Jacob are the only people in my life who Ever made that accomplishment. I waved Jacob off as he drove off, then I turned around to my house. My smile Immediately faded into fear. My dad, Is one of the many people who can easily take my smile, my joy, or my happiness away. I slowly began to take small steps towards my porch. I walked up the Five short steps, then stood in front of my door. I took a huge Gulp of air then I took out my keys.

I found the correct key, so I slowly reached my hand towards the lock. I couldn't even get the key through the lock before the door swung open and there stood My Dad with his arms crossed and anger in his eyes. At this point I was hyperventilating. Air wasnt finding its way to my lungs. My heart was racing so fast that It felt like it was going to pop.

"Where were you?" He asked me. It was hard to get any words out.

"I-I was at t-the library..." I lied. He Knew I was lying because he made me choke on my words.

"The library? At 4:45 in the mourning?" He said. He was acting rather calm, But looks can be deceiving.

Before I knew it, He grabbed me by my neck with one hand and threw me in the house. I fell on the floor.

"Why are you lying?" He calmly said as he began walking towards me with his fists balled up. "I said Why THE FUCK ARE YOU LYING!?" He yelled again while standing over me. His Strong accent booming throughout the house. I was lost of words But he didnt care.

"SPEAK!" He Yelled Then He kicked me in my stomach. It was so hard of a kick, I could barely breathe.

Flashbacks of Diggy doing the same thing, ran through my head again. I still didnt answer him and it wasn't long before he squatted down and began to beat on me.

My mom came running down The stairs trying to stop him.

"Dave stop, please! You're hurting our baby girl!" My mom hollered in a panicking tone.

She saw my face begin to swell and my lip start to bleed. I was fucked up. My mom then put matters into her own hands and started to fight my dad. I was weak, but I saw the entire fight. Let me tell you, My mom was a warrior. She was Throwing hardcore punches at my dad! He was getting woozy from the punches quickly since he was intoxicated with Whisky. Not caring, my mom grabbed a flower pot and threw it at my dad sending him down hitting the floor hard.

My dad fell to the floor knocked out with probably just as many bruises as me. My mom Looked Over At Me. I stood up and ran in her arms. We both cried our Eyes out for what seemed like Forever.

"Go Pack your Bags quick!" I shook my head then ran up the stairs to go pack my bags. I packed as much of my stuff as could and went downstairs. My dad was still knocked out and my mom was in the kitchen. I walked in the ktchen and saw my mom with a check in her hands.

"Ma, What is that?" I asked.

"I've been hiding this check from your father for years..." She sighed. "Grandma gave me this check for emergancies." She handed me the Check And I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

My grandmother passed away a few years ago so she left her inheritance to my mom and Uncle Mike. It was A written check for $26,000. I looked up at my mom and we both smiled really hard.

"Lets Go, baby girl." My mom said as we rushed out the house to her car, from this poor excuse for a home to a better life.