13.

Brittny

Jacob was hugging and kissing me like He hadn't seen me in years. The last time we saw each other was only Friday.

"I see your face is heeling" he brushed his thumb over my cheek. Ever since the indecent with me father beating me, my face has made a remarkable recovery. I was happy he noticed it.

"Yeah. I been putting ointment on it daily. It's coming together, I just can't get rid of this scar." I pointed to the scare under my left eye.

"You're still beautiful to me" he said.

I looked up at him and stared him deep in His eyes. He smiled then gave me a kiss on my lips, then He began to kiss All my scars. It tickled a little bit then the laundry room door opened. Jacob quickly Went back to His washing machine and We both played it off like nothing was happening. I Went back to listening to my music, then I looked up and Saw that it was that security guard from the lobby.

He spotted me sitting in the chair in the corner of the room and He smiled.

"Hey, uh, You're Mrs-"

"Ms. Dixon's daughter." I Cut him off, referring to my Mom and dad Now Being separate.

"Oh, My Bad." I shook my head and Tried to avoid conversation with him. But He's a talker.

"So, uh, how's Your mother? I See you guys finally settled down." I Took out my head phones to try and Put my full focus into him.

"My Mom is fine. She's Just a little tired from All the moving." I replied to him. I noticed He kept on taking small glances at my Face. I knew that my face was a wreck, but he kept on making it noticeable. Even while staring at my face, He continued making conversation with me.

"I Never gave you and Your Mom my Name. My Name is Joseph. But I'm known As Joey." He said. I Didn't want to Be rude, so of course I gave him my Name.

"My Name is Brittny, my mom's Name is Cynthia." I Watched As the He smiled at the mentioning of my moms name. It was an awkward moment of silence until He broke it.

"So Brittny, How Old Are you? 16, 15?"

"I'm 14." I looked Over at the washing machine and Watched As Jacob was obviously eavesdropping.

"Oh, I have a 16 year Old son." He said.

Right now his company was getting annoying. He asked me a million questions about my mom so obviously he has a thing For her. Then Finally my Mom walked Thought the laundry room door.

"Hey Baby girl. Hey Jacob!" She greeted us. Jacob simply flashed her a beautiful smile.

"What's taking These clothes so long?" She asked, but her interest was immediately off of me as she laid her eyes on Joey. He stood up and shook her hand. I immediately felt the chemistry These two Had together.

"I'm Joey" He said while shaking my mom's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Joey. My name is Cynthia..."

"I already knew that." He nervously smiled. "Your lovely daughter told me.

"Is that true?" She shot me a blushed filled smile.

I smiled back at her. I looked Over at Jacob and smiled. Jacob sensed the chemistry also. My Mom sat down and talked with Joey while I silently left her to Be alone with him. I left the laundry room and seconds afterwards, Jacob Followed behind me.

"You're Mom hasn't lost her game." He joked. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. Momentarily his phone rang. He answered it and I listened to the Conversation.

"Hello... Oh Hey... Well Actually I'm kinda busy... Tomorrow?... Okay... Bye." Jacob hung His Phone up and I was Where to ask him Who it was.

"Who was that?" I asked.

He sighed then stared me dead in my eyes. "That's Was... Mary." He answered me. I looked down a little jealous.

"Oh..." I said with a bitch of jealousy in my voice.

I hated the fact that he still did whatever he wanted to do. I had no say in it since this relationship is so much of a 'secret'. I began walking down the hallway to the elevator. Jacob noticed my sudden mood change, because he followed behind me.

"She just called me to ask If I wanted to go on a lunch date. If I said No, then she Would keep calling me and bugging me. Babe, you know I really don't see her as attractive."

I was a little relief that He said that, but I still kept a small attitude towards him.While walking into the elevator, I still kept my distance from him. The tension was stiff between us during the ride. Knowing Jacob, I knew he couldn't keep a grudge towards me for too long. I knew eventually he was gonna try to make things right. Shortly during the ride, He dropped His basket, grabbed my waist, and kissed my forehead.

"You Know I'm yours right?" He whispered in my ear.

"Sure. Whatever," I answered with even more of a noticeable attitude.

"It's just a lunch date. And besides, She ain't got nothing on you..." He soothed me. "Damn, I would tear you up right here if I could..." He continued to say between kisses. A soft moan escaped my mouth on accident. "I can tell you want me Too!" He Giggled In my ear.

I was mad that I let him seduce his way out of the situation, but I was happy that he was here with me at the same time. Abruptly, the elevator slowed down then stopped on the 19the floor. Me and Jacob Quickly separated. When the doors opened, I was surprised to See that it was Roger. What the Hell is He Doing Here?

"Hey, Brittny!" Roger said while waving at me and giving me a hug. I was shocked by the hug Because He Never hugged me Before.

"Umm, Hi Roger." Then Roger looked me in my eyes. His eyes are small but Pretty. He was so caught in the moment that When he saw Jacob He Was surprised.

"Uh, Hey Mr. Perez." Roger said. Then Jacob gave him a cold Look and Said "Hey." Jacob was jealous. It was Cute that he was being territorial of me and also a great way for him to get a taste of his own medicine.

"So Brittny, Why Are you Here?" He asked Me.

"I Live Here."

"Really? Since when?"

"About three weeks"

From the corner of my eye, I can see Jacob using all his strength not to stop us from talking. It was very amusing, because he's literally trying his best not to pounce on me and Roger.

"Enough of my life," I said, "What were you doing here?"

"My grandma actually lives here. I just come to visit her every once in a while."

"Aw that's sweet!" I cooed, trying to make Jacob even madder.

"I'm actually glad I ran into you. I wanted to ask if you wanna Go out Sometimes?" He asked.

"As in a friendly date?"

"Yeah." He innocently answered.

I looked at Jacob and Saw the rage He was in. It felt kinda good getting under his skin. But I Never Had a friend, and Jacob can go out with anyone he pleases. I want to set the record even.

Not Thinking I said "Yeah, or course!"

Roger smiled widely then hugged me Again As the elevator stopped on the Lobby and He Got off. I looked at Jacob and He was angrier because of that hug. For a while, the tension between us was thick.

"Don't worry babe. He's Just a friend." I said smiling and Playing in His Hair. Mimicking the way he was talking about Miss Ocampo.

"Well, that's he better be." Jacob said with no expression on his face and a stern voice. I was a little startled by what he said. It was almost like a threat. Either way, he has no right to stand there and make me his property. I can do whatever I want, just like him. I held an attitude for that... But I was still intimidated.