Chapter 9

" Where's my credit card?" I asked Paulo.

" It should be in the Alpha's office. Let's head there right now." He says leading the way.

" Why did Hercules give you his heart?"Marco asks suspiciously as he stood by the entrance of the office.

" It's safer for you if you don't know." And it really was. Imagine being pregnant and hearing that the Goddess you pray to protect you and your pack is locked up in some portal.

He looked as if he wanted to know more and ask me other things but held it in. Smart choice.

I stepped in slowly, this was the place that Hercules died. The key was held safely in the pocket of my jeans but I needed somewhere safer." Let's go shopping."

I said as I held up the bag. It's been forever since I've been in the human world and I missed it alot. People in the school were probably wondering where I was. I haven't posted in instagram for only three days but with happened it surely felt like forever. I knew I was still in Canada ( find a city). We really couldn't be that far. This means that there is a possiblity that I may run into someone I know.

Speakings of which, I wonder how Roger and Irid were doing. Surely they were having the times of their lives. Maybe my parents replaced me with him and moved on with their lives.

" Excuse me but are you going shopping wearing that?" Paulo asks and suddenly I remember that I haven't taken a bath in three days.

" Urm." I stared down at my state, hair's a mess, clothes are torn and to be honest my breath smelled like shit. " Where's the bathroom?"

He smiled and lead me a few steps down into a bathroom. " I'll find something for you to wear and a toothbrush."

The bathroom was quite simple with a toilet and a shower with a curtain separating the two.  Still I was grateful.

I sighed in relief as the cold water splashed all over my body; it's been a long time.  The brown water pooled at my feet as I rinsed the dirt off me.

" One down, three more to go. Goddess help my soul " I said to myself.

Hopefully I get this done by my birthday so I can feel at ease when the day comes.

27 more days to go.

This was the hardest three days of my life and I know the rest of the journey will be just as difficult but this time I'm planning on doing things differently. According to the Alpha, there was no missing person file for me which means that I can walk anywhere freely. No one is aware that I'm 'missing'. Then again, it was probably for the benefit of my parents. I could imagine the headlines.

Multibillionaire Aura Bakes 17 year old daughter went Missing.

The press would flip! Everyone would want that story.

I guess it's also good for me, having the press and police looking for me will make it difficult to move around because chances are they'd search the forest.

" Here's the stuff, it's pink but beggars aren't choosers. " He says as he threw the clothes on the toilet seat. " Hurry, I'll be waiting behind the door."

Sigh. Just what I needed, pink. I hated pink ,always have but I didn't have much options. All my good clothes were at the mansion.

Maybe Irid was having his full of them, prancing around my room with it. Can't really blame him. I ran away after all.

I stepped out of the shower and stood on the thin bathroom mat shaking myself off. In the pile of clothes there was a pink kitchen towel. I used it to wipe and brushed my teeth with the baby toothbrush. The pink miniskirt and vest was a bit too much but atleast I was clean.

" Thanks so much," I smiled as I got out of the bathroom.

" It's you we have to thank. Now come on, we'll be taking Nancy's car. She's robbed the pack of all it's money to feed her lifestyle the least we can do is enjoy it." He giggles as he grabbed my arms.

I never really got a chance to see the pack house or the members so it was nice to see all the young ones smiling running around. I've never been in a pack but I knew that this was what it was supposed to be. I couldn't help but smile.

" Beautiful, isn't it." Paulo sighs.

" It's going to be better. I can feel it." As long as I get into the better and the new Alpha is set in place the park will be more organized.

We went into the silver and pink Ranger Rover car and sped off unto I path I had no idea existed.

" So your baby, is it a boy or a girl?" I asked breaking the silence.

" We don't know. I'd like for it to be a surprise," He smiles.

Was this how my parents felt when they were pregnant with me?

Probably not.

Riley always said they loved me but thinking back on it, the love they held in their eyes wasn't for me. It was for Laiah, whoever she is.

" Do me a favor and love this child with all your heart. Never let go. Ever. Be there for them. Never let go." I said gripping his arm tightly.

" I won't."

" Good or else I'll personally come here and kill you myself."

" Yeah right," he scoffs. " And you, where are your parents?"

" That's none of your business."

" You do know that I could call the police right now and say I found underage teenage girl in the forest...right? I'd probably even get a reward for it as well." Although he was facing forward, I could see the arch brow and tiny smirk he wore.

How dare he? " Are you blackmailing me?"

" Indeed. I am," he says fully turning to me.

" As I've said before my parents are Aura and Aera Bakes. They are currently laying down on a bed in a room in our mansion as they did throughout my entire existence." I growled annoyed.

" How do you know that they're not looking for you?" He asks softly.

" They have enough money to buy America, if they were looking for me, they would have already found me." I frowned.

" I'm so sorry," he sobs.

" Wow! Wow! No need to get all pregnant on me!'  I said as I placed a towel on his lap.

" Thanks. " He muttered." Anyway we're here now. Time to go shopping!"
Just like that he was happy again.

I was convinced! Pregnant people were the sorcerers of emotions.

" Are you coming or not!" He called from outside. I did not hear at all when he open the door. Blame it on my human hearing.

" I'm coming! Sheesh!"

Oh how I missed the mall.

.
.
.

Figured we needed a calm, happy chapter. The next few won't be so pleasant 🙃🙃.

Fact of the day: There is a rare type of genetic brain disorder known as Fatal familia insomnia where persons are unable to sleep even with the help of medication ( which usually makes them ill). There is no know cure or medication. This person doesn't live past 6-36 months with their symptoms.

Basically they die from lack of sleep.