Chapter 12

Days have passed and I was ready to continue my journey. It's a week and three days since I left my parents and surprisingly it was becoming easier to forget. I was kept myself busy and the things I spent my time doing seemed to have such a great importance, impacting the entire pack for generations to come that I had no time to think of my depressing life. If i was unable to meet Laiah atleast I knew that I did something good in life. The pack members including Marco couldn't thank me enough. As for Paulo his stomach is beginning to swell as his craving increased but that was normal.

" You've been staring for a while are you okay?" Marco asks.

" Yes," I replied," I've never felt so great!"

" Please stay with us? That'll make everyone happy."

It was odd how much they begged for me to stay. Besides the only classmates and fans that I have, it was the first time that my presences was wanted for a genuine reason. " You know I don't have a choice. I need to do what i was instructed to do."

" I understand. We will send Mousy with you." Zion says calming walking towards me. He looked better, stronger even. Those past few days he was eating better than he was and improving the lives of everyone else. Now he held that glow which made him ten times more beautiful.

" Alpha Zion." I greeted.

He scolded.

Looking at me with an annoyed expression he said," Ew don't call me that. It's weird coming from you."

This was always a back and forth misfit among us. It's like he couldn't accept that he deserved the position but little by little we're getting there.

Almost as if he could sense what happens next Paulo says," Quiet you too. We're not going over this again. I've had enough! Besides we have more important things to discuss like Mousy leaving with Sachi."

" Why are we discussing this? I thought that was agreed from the beginning. Sachi cannot leave without someone to watch her back and there is no better than Mousy, she is literally the best!"

" Oh wow! I'm blushing over her," Mousy raises her hands to her chest.

When did she even get there? In fact when did she dye her hair? She looked so grown, I could almost cry.

" Okay. I'm all set. Time to leave?" She says turning to me. I took the opportunity to really look at her. Her mousy hair was now black with neon green streaks. It somehow worked well with the leather outfit she wore. Mousy was now a badass beauty.

"No." "Yes."

There was a moment of silence before I spoke." Listen guys. I don't need more people getting hurt. If something bad happens, let it happen to me and me alone. We need Mousy alive."

" We need you alive as well. I know what I saw back there in the room and it will forever be implanted in my memory. " Marco says. " You help us multiple times. Let us help you."

Sigh. There was nothing I could say to change their minds and they were right. If something was to happen to me, Mousy will find Laiah and bring me some peace." Fine."

" Pff! As if you had a choice," Marco scoffs.

"Sorry to interrupt but a man name Roger Dazioli along with the Alpha female Aura and her mate Aera are requesting permission to enter the pack." Ander, a pack member announces.

I couldn't believe my ears! Why were they there? How did they even find me?

Sensing my panic, Zion says," Why don't you leave right now? I'll handle them. I can tell that you don't want to deal with them right now."

My parents were a topic I never spoke about. When asked, I say that they're dead or remained silent people eventually stopped asking.

"Hurry before I change my mind!" He shouts.

I grabbed my back pack from the ground and placed it on my shoulder.

" It's a pleasure to work with you Alpha." I smiled as I saluted him. " Tell Roger that I love him."

" Will do. Now go before I keep you forever." He sniffs.

" Please don't die!" The pregnant male shouts.

" We won't die!" Mousy rolls her eyes and she raced to the jeep with her heavy bag.

I wasted now time and followed her.

" I'm driving." She says.

" You may. It's way more fun being the passenger than the driver You enjoy the ride way more, spending time focusing on the surroundings rather than looking for irresponsible drivers. "

She frowns for a moment before starting the engine. " Driving was for the privileged. I couldn't have possibly afford a driver's lesson far less to drive a vehicle. So when I sit on this chair I feel accomplished and confident that it's over. All thanks to you."

" And you. Don't cut yourself short. Without you, you will not be here." I smiled reaching to hold her hands.

" Thanks. Almost as if you know exactly what to say." she grins.

" Maybe you're secretly my mate," I joked.

" Nah. I'm too sexy to be your mate." She laughs as she finally takes off into the thick woods leaving her pack behind.

I brushed off her comment and stared at her face as she drove. " Are you really okay?"

She frowns a bit and turns to me for a spilt second," why would you ask?"

" I- I don't know. Something feels a little off with you and well umm I've read somewhere that when wolves leave their pack there is some kind of heart ache. " I replied stumbling over my words.

A grin broke out on her face," you know for a supernatural being you know nothing about the world. You cannot learn who you are from a book."

I did not expect that but she was right. She always was right. " You know it's not my fault. My culture and past was hidden from me. I know very little of my history. When I was born they left Florida to come to live her in Canada. They're filfy rich so it couldn't be a money problem or anything relating to that could never be the issue. I always felt like it was something to do with Laiah, whoever she was."

" Atleast you had your parents. Mine were dead."

" The irony. I spent my entire life wishing my parents were dead."

My confession was followed by silence for awhile then she said," No."

" Huh? No what?" I asked confused.

" I'm not okay. I'll never be."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact of the day: There was an online poll which declared the blobfish as the ugliest known animal on Earth.

.

.

.

It's been a minute ...well more like an hour but I'm here to stay.