Chapter 33

♤This chapter is dedicated to ghostlywonders

Clementine was stronger than she looked . Things were said, feelings got hurt but there was no way I'd leave her to limp up the way. She was always the one saving me, now, it was my turn to return the favour.  Without saying a thing, I scooped up the limping female in my arms despite her protests.

" You better put me down! Let me go right the fuck now!" She tried writhing out of my hands but I was stronger now,  a fact that she wasn't used to. She knew me as this weak, defenseless human girl now I held a power that not even I understood.

Look what you did Gaia. She hates me now.

Child, you did what was right whether you were mates or not.

Well, it doesn't feel like it. Mates should come first always.

You did put her first, that's why you went there in the first place.

Just leave Gaia, leave me be.

Soon.

Soon isn't soon enough for me. Some may think that I'm lucky, blessed, to be touched by a Goddess, but I prefer it when the entire world didn't depend on me including the living and  nonliving.

" Let me go!" My tired mate shouted causing a few to stare.

" Give it up already. We both know that you are exhausted. Rest, you will throw a tantrum later when you have enough energy to." I said as I kissed her on her forehead. She didn't pull away. I smiled knowing that she still cared  even if it was just a little .

A month ago I would have reacted differently. As burdensome as this journey has been I was happy that I atleast learnt something from it, something I wouldn't have learnt back home.

Was it even home? If I'm being truthful I barely missed it. What was there to even miss? Maybe that was my mission, to find a place called home.

" Hold up! Wait!" I knew that voice anywhere.

" Silver."

"Wow you're fast!I—wow. Hold on, I just need to breathe." He bend down holding his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

" Hurry, I haven't got whole day!" Everything here was beginning to irritate me.

"I—just." He sighed." Thank you for not killing him."

There was this look on his eye that I couldn't quite name but there was familiarity to it. " Why would you thank me I asked curiously?"

Silver shuffled on his feet, squirming in his position as if he was nervous about something. " H-he's a good man," he whispered staring at his feet.

He liked him. I chuckled at that thought, what an interesting couple." You know, you should just tell him that you like him. You might be surprised how things may turn out."

" Like— I don't like him!" He shouted all too loudly." He's too old, weird looking  and strange."

" At some point in your life you're going to have to ignore people opinions and listen to yourself." I stated while walking off towards our room.

" Since when?" I heard my mate speak calming for the first time today.

" What?"

" What I meant to say is when did you get so wise?" She smiled staring up at me eyes glistening." It's like you grew up over night and I feel like I missed it all."

I stared at her not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I should have said what I did I was just angry and frustrated. I'm lucky to have you as my mate, I always was. And if I'm being honest, I'm happy that you didn't kill that guy. It would have been senseless, even if I got hurt in the process." She cried.

" I hate when you hurt. I never want you to feel like I'm okay with that. I was livid when I saw that man chain you up like you were some criminal! If it weren't for Gaia I assure you that he would have been dead and this time I wouldn't feel bad about it." I reassued her as I entered the room setting her down on the bed.

" I'm going to fix up a bath. You'll feel better once your stiff,  ancient bones are heated up. " She was older than I was, not that it bothered me.

"Hey!" She laughed," I'm not that old but a bath does sound good."

I went to the bathroom and was surprised when I saw an already steaming bath, and a tray of all kinds of expensive looking food waiting for us but what stood out more was the piece of metal that stood in the black box near the sink. Attached to it was a note.

Dear Sachi,

Nothing I give will be able to pay you back for your kind gestures towards this Clan. You saved my mate and I only brought danger to yours. In protecting my mate, I have hurt yours and for that I am truly sorry. I was only doing what I thought was best and hope you can forgive me for my actions. My wife would have wanted you to have it. The baby is well, we all are thanks to you. I do hope that you could find it in your heart to forgive me.

The King◇

How thoughtful.  Sure, I was still annoyed by the treatment but for now this is all I could want. I brought the tray of food and the metal in the bedroom and placed then on a stand. " we've got food!" I announced but there was no response. My mate was fast asleep, snoring lighty as she curled herself up in a ball.

So cute.

" I know how you feel King." I said to no one as I stared at the mess of my mate on the silk sheets." I would have done the same." 

_________________________________________

Hey homos!

Here I am, once again ... Updating my abandoned novel.

Soon was later than you thought