Chapter 15

Mousy

I woke up to the metallic stench of vampires.

"Finally! I swear you're the hardest to wake! I've been biting you for the past thirty minutes!" She confessed.

"You bit me? "I smirked as I watched her unfold before me. Chill. "I'm cool. Next time hold my nose or something."

"Can't. I might end up killing you on purpose." She growls. "Anyway, I'm here in this intersection and I'm trying to figure out whether I go right or left."

"Take a left." I instructed before yawning.

"Thanks." She replies.

"So how are we going to go about this?" I asked curiously.

She shrugs.

"Please tell me you have a plan."

Silence.

"Oh Goddess!" I groaned", we're going to die!"

"Calm down Mousy! What good is a plan when life is unpredictable. We'll wing it. If they are willing to cooperate then we cooperate. If not we take the hard way. "She shrugs like it's no big deal.

" We're here. Zion called to inform them of our presence since last week so hopefully they remember. With their ancient brains that's very unlikely. " I said.

" Sigh. Let's get this over with."

" Time to face the music," I sang.

"It's so dark here." she says.

It really was. The bamboo trees were bended to form an arch around a large grey mansion. Vampires weren't that much common anymore. They usually preferred secluded areas, forming little clans no more than one hundred people.

" And who might we have here?" A voice says from behind.

We turn quickly to the source of the voice. " Who's there?"

" Grand Elder Vladisav. I'm guessing you're Sachi and Mousy?" He smirks as he stood still in the cool air staring at us. I'd have to admit, he was a handsome young man or old man. There was something about him that drew him to me. His long dark brown hair was slicked back in a man bun and his equally dark brown eyes stared into my soul flashing red for a moment. But what really stood out was the price of red gem or metal that hung from his neck in the shape of a tooth.

" H-hi," I whispered suddenly breathless.

" Well isn't this something else. What is a beauty like you doing on my land?" He asks as he came closer.

" Hi. I'm Sachi and I came here for something very important but why don't we go inside first and maybe have a proper conversation." She offered.

"That's fine by me. Let's head in." He ushers and we climbed the moss filled stairs.

" Don't you guys clean?" Sachi asks not trying to hide her disgust.

I shot her a warning glare," be nice."

Vlad laughed, "it's alright love she can ask whatever question she desires. "

Love? Why did that word suddenly have an effect on me? Why did I want him to repeat it while embracing me in his cold arms?

Sachi wore a confused expression" love? since when?"

I was just as curious as she was. Who really was this man? Unfortunately we arrived the top of the never ending staircase. He bended over and picked up the key under the mat. How original.

" What?" he asks looking between the two of us. " Don't judge me! I don't get company too often or ever really."

Aw that must be so sad! Even in the orphanage we got visitors. " I'm so sorry."