Chapter 13

Zion

Everyone already left but I stood a frozen in the same spot that Sachi left me in. I didn't want to move, it will mean that I'd be left to make decisions on my own. While she was here I acted tough to make her proud but really I just wanted to dig a hole somewhere in the forest and die. My brothers were okay now that there is a safer environment.

" Alpha Zion," Ander says snapping me out from my thoughts.

"Y-yes," I answered a few notes higher than I intended.

" Should we let the Alpha in?" He furrows his brow as he tilts his head to side almost as if he was studying me. Like he was judging if I was fit for this job.

"Or maybe that's what you think of us." A voice speaks up.

" Who are you?" I asked loudly.

Ander stared at me for a second probably debating on whether he should answer or not. " Urmmm."

" I know who you Ander. It's okay. Let the Alpha in, I will be at my office." I instructed with a clearer voice.

With the new information he raced no doubt to the pack gates and I turned finally leaving my spot on the grass. " Let's make Sachi proud."

"How about you try making yourself proud for a change." The voice says surfacing once more.

I was not hallucinating. It was real. " Who are you?" I repeated my question from earlier.

"No need to shout aloud. I can hear your thoughts quite well. I'm Theodore, your wolf."

Theodore. What a cute name.

" Don't let the cuteness fool you. "

It was strange. Him speaking to me. It wasn't common in this world. We could feel their presence but e never really could speak to them.

" You were touched by a Goddess. "

What? That made no sense whatsoever but right now it was too much for my brain. Let's deal with these Alphas first.

"Right."

My mind was now silent and I couldn't be more grateful. I waved at the passerby as I went too my office. It was offered a new office but I kept the old one, there was more history here of when the pack was a good place. Paulo however thought that it needed a makeover so he had the entire room renovated. It was pink and a brown coffee colour. I doubt that any other Alpha had pink in their office but I really loved it. It was beautiful.

" Just like our mate."

I couldn't see him but I knew that he was smiling. "What mate? We don't have a mate."

" That's what they wanted you to think. Of course if you listened to me our self esteem would have been way higher."

I couldn't remember ever hearing you. Ever.

" That's because you weren't listening. I was always there. We maybe were unable to shift but I am part of you. Each meal you skipped, each hug you received so did I." His voice held great sorrow and for moment I was on the verge of tears. If only I had believed in him, in us.

" Don't blame yourself. It is in the past, let's focus on our mate who is on her way to our office."

What? Mate? She?

How was that even possible? I liked guys! Always have, always will. The goddess will not give me what I'm not attracted to. Right?

"Clearly you know nothing about the Goddess and just because you have daddy issues doesn't mean that you're gay."

Theodore! That was a very rude thing to say!

"Bite me!"

Just as I was about to mentally scold him there was a knock on the office door. I cleared my throat learning from my little incident earlier." Come in." I called out in the deepest tone I could muster.

Ander came I first followed by a tall male with shoulder length grey hair and the greenest eyes. He wore a black suit and I've to admit, he was hot! " Alpha." He bowed.

I nodded to acknowledge his presence. I didn't want to make a fool of myself.

"See what I mean? Daddy issues."

It took all my will power to not roll my eyes. It would have been inappropriate for the meeting. Since my father destroyed the pack reputation we were in need of allies.

Then to women came in, one was a brunette and a red head. They were both casually dressed in sunflower dresses. The brunette, I'm guessing the Alpha speaks first." My daughter, where is she?"

I knew exactly who she was speaking of but I decided to play dumb," With all due respect Alpha. This is not your land, neither do I owe you anything. The least you could do is show a little respect and greet me first."

" That's exactly what I was thinking!' another voice says appearing through the door. She was extraordinary , a true beauty. Her pupils were hazel coloured and her wavy brown hair flowed down her slender frame. And her smell, so heavenly like Vanilla essence.

" Wow," I couldn't help but whisper aloud.

She glided forward, way too pristine for her feet to touch the bacteria filled floor." Nice to meet you Alpha Zion. I am Gem Caviole, sister of Laiah Willows."

That name sounded so familiar. Laiah. Where have I heard it?

" I'd like to apologize for their behavior Alpha. We're looking for Sachi Bakes. I know she was here, I can smell her scent and it is still fresh." Mcdreamy says.

Then it hit me! Laiah was the woman that Sachi was looking for and her sister is my mate? " You're a girl." I stared at Gem in shock.

" Indeed I am." she grins clearly not seeing nothing wrong with it.

" I- I- I can't." I sobbed. " I'm gay."

Her eyes widen momentarily saddening before a new look of determination took over. Then she said the least expected thing with noticeable smirk on her face ," I have never loved the Goddess more."

" CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?" The impatient alpha shouts.

"All of you leave, we'll discuss this tomorrow. Ander please take them to the guest room."

I had enough for one day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact of the chapter: According to research, women are biologically sensitive to high pitched noises so that they can hear their offspring even when they are asleep.

.

.

.

So what do y'all think, share your thoughts. Don't forget to like and vote.