Chapter 4

Cecilia woke up earlier then the other girls, like always. She would usually sit in the common room and read whatever book she was reading at the time, the fire was lit and she got cosy on the couch opening 'Pride and Prejudice'. She was a hopeless romantic at heart, she loved the thought of settling down with someone, kissing in the rain, doing all the cliché things most people would not enjoy.

She heard footsteps coming from the stairs she looked over to see Sirius walking down the stairs still in his pyjamas. He jumped slightly when he realised Cecilia was sat on the couch. "Merlin C warn me before hand!" He said putting his hand to his heart, she giggled at his reaction. "You're so dramatic!"

"Hey I'm one of the least dramatic people in the whole world."

"okay and I'm Godric Gryffindor!"

"And you're calling me dramatic!" They both laughed, Sirius was staring at the fire and Cecilia carried on reading her book. "What are you doing up?" He questioned. "You know I always wake up early." She replied not looking up from her book. "What about you?"

"Just thinking..."

"About..."

"Nothing much, just thoughts." He chuckled at his own response, the girl looked at Sirius. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right." He nodded and put his head on her shoulder. "What are you reading?"

"Pride and Prejudice." Sirius hummed getting more comfortable on her shoulder, he began to get heavier and she knew that he had fell back to sleep. she smiled at him and carried on reading. She heard another pair of footsteps and looked over to see James stood at the bottom of the stairs looking slightly confused. She gave him a small smile before bringing her finger to her lips indicating for James to be mindful that Sirius was asleep. James nodded his head and sat in the armchair, he looked over to the sleeping boy and began to laugh. "What?!" Cecilia questioned. "You know he is drooling all over your shoulder.

"Ugh! Are you messing with me?!" He shook his head still laughing. "Why are you up?" She asked him. "Don't know, I think I'm nervous about the quidditch trials, I mean I was on the team last year! I'm scared I might not be as good as some of the new kids." Cecilia looked shocked. "Are you kidding me?!" She whisper shouted over to James. "You're James fucking Potter, one of the best quidditch players I know! I need you to get out of this head space right now because Lily is coming to the trials and you don't want to make a fool of yourself in front of your sweet Lily-flower do you?!"

James sat there wide eyes and mouth open. "I-I how- how did you get Lily to agree to come to the bloody quidditch trials?!"

"Well Marlene, Dorcas and I all want to try out for the team and she said she was thinking about coming down to watch it as she had nothing else going on." He ran over to her and embraced her in a big hug which woke up Sirius. "Ugh...why did you wake me up."

"Oh I'm sorry, I told James some good news and he got a little excited."

"Yeah sorry mate.." Sirius hummed again and cuddled back into Cecilia. "Sorry Sirius , we have to get up, its time for breakfast."

"Why is life so cruel!" He exclaimed throwing his hands in the air. "And you said you weren't dramatic." Cecilia rolled her eyes. All three of them made their way back to the dorm and went to get ready for breakfast. "Oh hello honey! How are you this fine morning?" Marlene said, Cecilia laughed at the name. "I'm good Marls, I'm hoping you and Dorcas will be joining me at the quidditch try out..." She trailed off looking over at her. "Yeah actually, we both spoke about it last night and decided that we don't give a fuck." Cecilia started laughing at her response. "Best way to be Marls."

"Where are Lily and Dorcas?" Cecilia said looking around and seeing their beds are empty. "Oh they said they will meet us at breakfast."

"Well you ready?" She nodded and they both headed to the Great Hall. Although Lily hated James she still sat with the other boys because she felt that it was unfair if she made Cecilia stop sitting with her friends. Cecilia was always grateful for how kind and loving Lily was, she was always there no matter what. "Well if it isn't my favourite Lupin." Cecilia said as she sat next to Remus. "Cece I'm the only Lupin you know."