Chapter 9

Cecilia got to the common room to see her friends sat in a circle with a piece of parchment in the middle. She jumped over the back of the couch. "What 'cha doing?" She said looking at the parchment that read 'grand gesture' she looked at James and then back at the parchment and flicked between the two for a few moments. "James no-"

"What?! You don't even know what it is!"

"I cannot allow this James!"

"What do you mean! Youre not involved!"

"James listen to me-"

"Actually I do need your help, I need to to..." He began to ramble on and Cecilia could see the joy in his face when he was talking about it. Her gut was telling her to tell him about Lily's date so he could possibly move on. However, her heart could not do that to her best friend. She closed her eyes and thought about what to do and before she had internally reached a decision her grain seemed to have taken over and she blurted out. "Lily has a date on Friday!" She gasped after and smacked her hand over her mouth, instantly regretting what she had said when she saw James' face fall and his eye tear up. "What-what?"

"Its with Niall Jones, the Ravenclaw?"

James sat on the couch and placed his head on the back of it and all of his friends stared at him. "James?" Peter began. "What's wrong with me?" Cecilias heart broke for the boy, she could feel his pain, the thought of being unloved by the only person he has ever loved. "Nothing is wrong with you James!" Cecilia moved closer to him and she brought him into a hug. "I say this as both yours and Lily's friend...she has not realised how great you are! Maybe if you stopped with these!" She shook the piece of parchment at him and he chuckled sadly "And actually had a normal conversation with her, she may give you a chance!"

"I don't think Cece could have put it in a better way, mate." Sirius added looking at his friend with sympathy in his eyes, she smiled at her friend and looked at James who had his head on her shoulder. "Come on, I think you should get some sleep. We have potions tomorrow and we can plan a new prank...I'm thinking Lucius?"

"I'm listening."

"Or maybe Crab and Goyle because they're an easier target?" She questioned and she felt James nod against her. All of her friends got up and went to there dorms. She patted James on the shouder as he  was about to enter his dorm room. James grabbed Cecilias wrist and pulled her into a tight hug and mumbled 'thank you' into her shoulder. "Anything for you, James." she said back to him breaking away from the hug and sent him a warm smile before entering her dorm.

James stood there as he watched his friend leave, his eyes slight hurting from crying but all he could think about was the smell of Cecilia's hair, mint.

-----------------------------------

The next day Cecilia entered the Great Hall with a smile on her face, it was two days till her quidditch debut and she could not be happier. She took a seat next to James. "Good morning!" She said cheerfully. "You seem happy." Remus commented. "What do you mean I'm always like this!" She exclaimed, Remus muttered something under his breath and Cecilia squinted her eyes. "Want to repeat that Lupin." Remus' eyes widened and he shook his head no apologising to Cecilia. "That's what I thought."

"You can be scary sometimes you know." Sirius noted. "I know, I quite like being scary. It can be fun." Peter then piped up and began to cough and then said 'psychopath' under his breath. "Peter, my darling Peter...do you want this fork in your eye?" She said in a threating manor, he gulped and said 'no' and carried on eating his food. As Cecilia began to dig into her food, she heard the sound of multiple owls which made her look up to see peoples owls delivering their post. "I forget we get post, I feel like it never usually happens." Sirius said. "Yeah because no one writes to us."