Chapter 20

Madame Pomfrey had, had a quiet day until it reached the early hours of the morning when two students had been rushed to her accompanied by her friends. The healer was aware of Remus' situation, Dumbledore had told her about it so she marked every full moon each month so she knew that she would have to work later that date. Of course she knew she couldn't tell his friends so she never questioned the bad excuses that they made up for him.

She was shocked to see James Potter carrying Cecilia in his arms, blood covering his casual clothes. "Put them both on the beds." She said frantically. "You three should go to bed, they'll still be here in the morning. I'll keep a good eye on them both." She reassured them. Sirius and Peter headed towards their dorm but James had not moved an inch, he was looking at his friend who's arms were covered in blood, his face pale. "Mr Potter, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." James shook his head a tear escaping his eye.

He didn't want to leave either of them, he wanted to stay here till one of them woke up. "Mate, come on. theres nothing we can do at the minute."

"No- no! i'm staying here!" He sated firmly looking at Sirius, who looked exhausted and sad too. Sirius looked to Madame Pomfrey who nodded her head at Sirius, indicating she'll allow him to stay. Sirius walked to James and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "I'll see you later, yeah?" James nodded before taking a seat next to Cecilia's hospital bed. "Come on Pete, lets go."

Madame checked over Remus first, there was no new scars, she realised he was just exhausted from the transformation. "He- he fainted we didn't know what to do with him." James said realising that he hadn't gave her a reason why they were there. "Potter, I'm not supposed to tell you this but I know about Remus' situation. Why do you think I am always free on full moons. So you don't have to keep up with them awful excuses." James chuckled slightly looking at his friend, he tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "You make a lovely couple." The nurse said applying an anointment to Cecilia's wounds before wrapping tgem. "Oh no- no, we're just friends, really good friends."

"Oh! I am so sorry for assuming! I shouldn't have said anything." She placed the girls arms back down to the side of her and walked to put her things back where she got them from. "If you would like you can sleep in one of the spare beds, I know there wont be anymore people coming in now so instead of spending the night in the uncomfortable chair please take the bed." Madame Pomfrey placed her hand on James shoukder as she said this and he nodded. "Goodnight, Mister Potter. If anything happens yu know where I am." James smiled as she left the wing and looked back at Cecilia.

She looked pale and her hair was all tangled. He stood up and slid onto the bed next to her, he wrapped his ar,s tightly around the girl and tears escaped his eyes. "You're okay, I told you everything would be fine." He whispered into her hair as he placed a kiss into her hair before eventually falling asleep.

----------------------

The next morning Remus was actually the first one to wake up out of all his friends, he had a horrific head ache and his whole body ached. He could barely remember what happened last night, he tried to sit up but groaned at the pain in his stomach. "Mr Lupin, please lie back down." Madame Pomfrey placed her hand on his shoulder guiding him back down. "Where's- where's everyone." She looked sadly at the boy, his stomach dropped, what happened, who did he hurt.

The nurse simply moved the curtain to reveal Cecilia and James curled up together on the hospital bed. Remus couldn't even put into words how guilty he felt, he never intended to hurt anyone. He couldn't allow them to turn to animagus' after this. "Is she- will she be okay?"

"Oh yes! She had a few scratches on her arm, Mr Potter informed me that she isn't too good with blood sometimes which caused her to faint last night." Remus nodded looking down at his hands. "Mr Lupin, you have nothing to feel guilty about..." Remus looked at the woman confused. "You children are really oblivious, how come I am always awake when you are brought in? Why would Dumbledore allow his student to suffer on his own, well not completely on your own. And not have me help?" She exclaimed with a slight smirk.

The boy chuckled and thought about the past five and a bit years at Hogwarts and never realised that Madame Pomfrey was always around later on full moons. "Clearly we are oblivious." He could hear groans and watched as James began to stir, James rubbed his eyes and looked around to see that Remus was sitting up awake. "Hey Rem."

Remus didn't look at his friend, he could face even talking to him. "Come on Remus, don't be like that. Cecilia's fine! None of this is your fault!"

"Yes it fucking is James!" He shouted at him and James stared at his friend. "If I didn't have this stupid thing in me then she wouldn't- I wouldn't have-" Tears began streaming down his face and James moved Cecilia and walked next to Remus' bed and sat down to his bed. "Remus, this is not you fault, you didn't purposely do this to her!"

"But it was still me! This stupid monster!"

"Woah! Don't say that, Remus you are not a monster! Did you ask for this?! No! So stop beating yourself up about this!"

"Do you think she'll forgive me." James placed his hand on Remus' shoulder. "Of course she will, your Remus! Her Remus of course she will." Remus smiled at James before saying. "I don't want you to turn into animagus', not after this."

"Remus I didn't put this bloody mandrake leaf in my mouth for you to say this now! And I'm not being funny but even if you say this to Cece she's not going to listen. You know what she's like." Remus nodded. "Just wait till Amos finds out she's in the hospital wing." He smirked at James and James chuckled. "Well after our fight yesterday he's going to be furious!"

"You two had a fight! What the fuck did I miss out on yesterday?!" James laughed and began to catch him up on everything that happened.

---------------------------
Remus <3