Chapter 42

After walking out of the common room Cecilia headed straight for McGonagall's office hoping she was in the mood for tea, biscuits and a chat. She had tears in her eyes and she sped through the corridors, when she finally got to the office and she knocked on the door three times. "Come on, come on, come on..." She whispered to herself waiting for the professor.

A few moments later she heard the door knob move and the Professor opened the door. "This better be serious or I swear- Oh Cecilia, are you okay?" The girl simply shook her head thevtears threatening to spill. "Minnie Ive messed up." She said as Minerva welcomed her in with a comforting arm. "I'll put the kettle on."

The two sat face to face, the Professors desk in between the two of them, Cecilia sat on the chair with her legs crossed, leaning against the arms on the chair. McGonagall set her cup down and looked at the girl. "So what happened." Those three words was what Cecilia needed, she rambled on about everything that had happened in the past few days and how she was feeling about the whole thing.

The Professor watched the girl carefully, she took note of how her emotions changed when she talked about certain things, how she could sometimes go completely off topic while she was rambling and she was shocked at the fact she had not spilt any of her tea considering her arms where going everywhere as she explained what happened. "So that's everything..."

McGonagall sighed placing her mug on the circular coster that was near the corner of her desk. "Cecila, you are a strong girl, I believe you will be able to make the right decision when you are ready. Whether that takes you week...it doesn't matter, you need time to think and time to worry about yourself. From what I have gathered you have been so concerned about other peoples well being that you have lost yourself in it."

Cecilai went to protest but Minnie simply raised her hand and carried on talking. "I undertsnd you feel selfish sometimes but sometimes you have tp be selfish so people know youre still human!" She exclaimed, Cecilia nodded at her placing her mug down and wrapping her arms around herself for warmth. "You may speak now."

"Minnie I completely understand what you mean but I feell like ecerytime I am selfish something goes wrong. I mean I haven't even spoken to James, Jay hates me, my mum and dad don't want to know me, I think he has a girlfriend that he lies about to keep secret, Remus is a bag of nerves, Sirius is permanently trying to have a laugh when I know it is eating him alive not talking to Regulus and I know Regulius feels the same and Pter...well hes Peter." McGonagall nodded in response, "I realise this will not be of any help but...I won 50 galleons from mine and Professor Dumbledores bet."

"You had a bet against me?!"

"Oh no, not at all...well yes technically. I just had a feeling that James loved you and not Ms Evans."

"I don't think he does professor, I think he's simply confused."

"Well he better get his ideas straight because there may be more than one person hurt in this situation." The two of them didn't talk about the situation for the rest of the night, the Professor looked at her watch. "You should probably go to bed, if you want you don't have to go to any lessons tomorrow."

Cecilia shook her head. "That won't be necessary professor, I cant stay off because things aren't going as I had planned, plus it will make people more suspicious." She nodded at the student. "If anyone gives you grief-"

"Punch them."

"Tell me." They said at the same time, the both let out a chuckle. "I don't condone violence but I will back you up if another teacher catches you." Cecilia didn't know what came over her but she hugged the Professor who took a minute to respond to her actions before she wrapped her own arms around the girl. "Thank you so much Minnie." She said quietly before letting go of the older woman and walking out of the room.

McGonagall spent the night worrying about the young girl, over the years the two have became very close. Many would say that they have developed a mother daughter relationship with the professor, Cecilia was always grateful for Minnie, she was the motherly figure she wished she had grew up with.

------------------------

Cecilia made her way back to the common room and it was very late, she tried to be as quiet as possible closing the door behind her. She turned around to see a figure being illuminated by the fire light. "Shit!" She whispered, the person turned around and the fire light made Cecilia recognise a few features on their face.

"Sirius?! Why are you awake?!" Sirius got up and hugged the girl tightly. "I've been worried, I know this whole things been a bit of a shit." She pulled back from him for a moment with a confused look. "Sirius, none of this is your fault Sirius. Its mine, its my shit, so don't worry your little head okay?"

She ruffled his hair and he laughed. "Now, actually tell me why you were up because I love the fact that you care but I know your awake for a different reason." Sirius lifted up his hands into the air. "Ugh you got me!"

"Come and sit down Pads."

The two friends sat on the couch in front of the fire. "Now tell me what's going on in your brain." Sirius lay down on her lap while she began to play with his hair. "Do you think I'm a bad brother?"

"Of course I don't! do you?"

"Yes."

"Well I don't think you are and that should just be the best opinion." Sirius chuckled with tears filling in his eyes. "I should have helped him, I should have took him with me. I should have done something..."

"What could you have done Sirius? You were 15! You were trying to leave an abusive household pads."

"Exactly! I was being selfish, I could have taken him with me Cece, I could have gone upstairs grabbed him and we could have both left."

"And what then Sirius, risk both of your lives? You have to rember that Regulus was placed in Slytherin, you know how bad it would be for him to have ran away from home to James' with you? So you know what I think you should do?" He looked up at her. "I think you need to wipe your eyes and speak to him tomorrow."

"Right Cece because he will want to talk to me."

"I know he does."

"How would you know-"

"Because the both of us have been meeting in a classroom on the third floor most days tp rant about our problems, I know he misses you just as much as you miss him, so tomorrow the two of you will talk it out, I don't care how long it takes. I will cover for the both of you."

The boy sat up once again anf hugged the girl. "Thank you so much Cece, I love you."

"I love you too, now go to bed."

"What about you, how are yoi actually feeling?" He asked as they both headed up the stairs. "Like I need a smoke." Her eyes widened as she realised what she had said. "Cecilia Diggory you smoke?!" He exclaimed. "Shut up dickhead James cant know, he'll kill me!"

"But James smokes too."

"I know which is why I have never understood why I wasn't 'allowed to'"

"You go have that smoke babe, you deserve it." She laughed as he planed a kiss on her forehead and the both split inot their separate rooms. She got into her dorm and she fell back onto her bed letting out a loud sigh before ditching the smoke she said she needed and tried to get any sleep she could.

-------------------------------
BETTER BE PREPARED FOR NEXT CHAPTER LOL, I SAY THAT BUT IT PROBS WONT BE AS SAD AS I THINK