Chapter 18

It had finally reached Halloween, the day the mischievous group had been dreading. The Great Hall was decorated with pumpkins and lanteurns and the food was in theme with the holiday. She sat down with her friends and sighed, all of them seemed to be in a similar mood. They were all gloomy, they knew there wasn't much they could do to help Remus but they felt bad for cecbrating ome of the best holidays without him. "Come on you lot!" Peter spoke up. "Do you really think Remus would want us to be moping around toady? I mean today of all days! Its bloody Halloween, we get the day off and we can prank countless people because of it! I mean weve had our big prank planned for weeks now!" Cecilia smiled Peters speech, she stood up and gave him a big kiss on the check which caused Peter to go bright red.

"He's right! Come on, who's our first victim." The boys all smirked at Cecilia and James spoke up. "Actually, Cece I was wondering if we could talk." Cecilia looked at her with a confused look. "Yeah, sure..." She trailed off and James was still staring at her as she began tuckinh into her breakfast. She looked at him again and mumbled. "Now?!"

"Yeah..." He starched the back of his neck, before standing up Cecilia took another big bite of her breakfast and walked out of the hall, they both stood in the corridor and Cecilia waited for James to begin speaking, they stood there for a moment in silence before James spoke up. "I was wondering if we could go somewhere more private." Cecilia nodded and they walked to the astronomy tower, no one every goes up here because there was a rumour that one of the school ghosts haunted it and Dumbledore was not taking any chances so he moved the astronomy lesson to a normal classroom.

They both sat on the floor facing the edge looking over the school grounds. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Why have you been ignoring me?!" James blurted out, Cecilias head spun to face him a frown etched on her face. "What?!" She exclaimed. James cringed at her rection, it wasn't how he was going to go about the situation but then it just happened before he could stop himself. "I just mean, our fiends ship hasn't been the same since the quidditch game. You have been spending more time with Remus, you go practically black out drunk the night after the quidditch game, I feel like I only ever see you in potions and transfiguration or when we pass in the common room because you have to go to tutoring we haven't even talked about what your mother said that day!" He finished his rant and the girl looked out at the view.

She hadn't realised how much this had effected him, he seemed fine. Actually he seemed great without talking to Cecilia that often which made her assume that he wasn't to bothered that she had been so busy recently. She felt so selfish, all she had done was think about herself, about how she had to make sure her grades were good, how she had to look for her parents. She didn't even consider how James was feeling at the minute, his only love being with someone else, his best friend barely speaking to him and the full moon was coming up which stressed everyone out. "I'm so sorry." She whispered.

James looked at Cecilia with a confused expression. "What- what for?"

"I've been so selfish, all I've done is think about myself! I mean look, Lily is seeing someone else and I haven't even checked how you have been, youre probably just as stressed as all of us about the full moon and me not speaking to you has probably made you even ,ore stressed! James I'm so sorry!" She hugged the boy and he wrapped his arms tight around the girl resting his head om her shoulder. "You have nothing to apologise for, were both doing our own shit. I just thought I'd done something to hurt you."

"You could never hurt me James." She mumbled into his jumper. The two friends stayed like that for a few more minutes before breaking ap[art and sitting back in there original positions. "Cece..." The girl hummed in response. "What happened after the quidditch game?" James asked quietly Cecilia sighed looking at her hands and simply spoke. "My mum hit me-"