Chapter 24

The next morning Sirius had decided to wake up earlier to read the letter Cecilia's father had sent him, he slipped out of of bed and tiptoed out the door. As he got to the door the floorboards creaked and James groaned.

Sirius cringed and slowly turned around, trying to be as quiet as possible, to see if he had woken his friend. He let out a small sigh of relief when he saw that James had just moved slightly. He looked at his two friends and smiled, they were cuddled into one another. Cecilia had her head resting slightly on James' chest and James head was resting on top of Cecilia's.

It didn't look very comfortable but they seemed to be happy. Sirius sighed again before tiptoeing over to his camera that he had left om the side and walking to the foot of James' bed. He took the picture after a few minutes of trying to understand how to get the bloody thing to work and quickly dropped to his knees encase the flash had disturbed anyone's sleep.

Sirius thought it would be a good idea to crawl over to his bed, place the camera there and then crawl all the way back over to the door. Avoiding any creeks in the floorboards. Once he had crawled out of the door. He stood up, dusted himself off and went down to the common room. He made sure no one was in the common room before pulling out the letter as he thought that he should be alone when he reads it.

He sat in front of the fire and wrapped a blanket that was left over the back of the couch around his shoulders and opened the letter.

Dear Sirius,

Happy Birthday mate! The big 17! I hope you enjoyed your birthday, Cecilia had informed me that she was planning a party for the Saturday after your actual birthday so I hope that goes smoothly. But please be responsible.

You are probably confused at why the letter was so ominous, I wanted t thank you for everything you have done for Cece over the past six years. Although she can be very stubborn and would hate to admit any of this, she truly cherishes the friendship she has made with you four lads.

Sirius was trying to fight back the tears that began to well up in his eyes, after bei g kicked out Cecilia's dad was very helpful. The first night he was at James' Cecilia, Amos and her mother and father came to see how he was.

She also told me about the whole Animagus situation and I already knew about Remus so you don't have to worry, I will not tell the ministry. Anyway, the real reason I decided to write to you is because I know you are the most mischievous out of your friends and I know you are clever too. So back in my day my friends and I came across a book in the forbidden section of the library on how you can enchant parchment to no one can look at what you are writing.

We used it for passing notes during lessons and if a professor, or student tired to read what it said we would whisper the saying which would remove the writing and when they tried to 'get in' it would throw an insult at them.

Sirius sat there extremely confused, looking at the letter. He couldn't understand why Cece's father would be telling him this, or what it had to do with him.

I was thinking for full moons, or anytime. The five of you could make a map of the castle with all the secret passage ways and add all the students and professors to the map so you know who is around. To do this you need to use the Homonculous Charm.

Hope you are all doing well and please let me know how you got on.

From

Edward.

p.s. you can pass this off as your idea.

Sirius chuckled at the letter and tucked it back into his pyjama pants as he rose to go back to his dorm. Luckily enough they were all awake now, none of them had actually gotten out of bed but they were awake. As Sirius walked him they all turned their head to the boy. "And where have you been?!" Cecilia said like a mother, Sirius looked at her and James who was sat next to her. James looked like he was drawing little doodles around the scars on her arms and she had a little smirk on his face.

"I went downstairs to read the letter your father had given me."

"What did he say?"

"That I cannot tell you." He pointed at the girl before sitting back down on his bed with his hands behind his head. "Right, I've been thinking and I actually did the research into it...We should make a map of the castle which can track the movement of the teachers and and students of Hogwarts for when the full moon comes."

He looked around at his friends who all looked at him in shock. "What?"

"Sirius, you- you did a form of work!" Cecilia exclaimed jumping on James bed, she jumped off and ran to him, grabbing his face and placing a big kiss on his cheek. "Yeah, the charm is powerful we can lock it and unlock it with a word or phrase and anyone who tries to get into it will be given an insult. Plus it will really help with better pranks."

"That sounds great Sirius!" Remus gave him a nod and Sirius returned one, the atmosphere began to get very awkward. "So..can we do it now?" Sirius nodded as they began to collect what they needed. They had drawn out a rough sketch of the castle and on the front Remus had written.

'Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Vixen, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present to you the Marauders Map'

The other four stood around the map and looked at Remus with a shared confused look, he rolled his eyes and sighed. "Rem, what's this?" Cecilia questioned. "I have given us all a nickname, I'm moony...obviously, Pete is Wormtail, you're Vixen, Sirius is Padfoot and James is Prongs." They all nodded and Peter turned to him and said. "Yeah, but the fucking hell is a marauder?!"

Cecilia smiled and Remus opened his mouth to say. "It is a person who Marauds or in other words explores. Which I thought worked quiet well considering its a map." He popped the 'p' and they all nodded again. Sirius brought his wand up and muttered the charm and the parchment began to change slightly, it was like it was taking their rough drawing and making it better.

"I have an idea for the 'password'." James exclaimed. "James, we are not doing password." He shook his head at Cecilia's comment. "To open it we should say 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good' and then to make sure no one gets in we should say 'mischief managed'" He said proudly and they all began to clap. James being James stood up and began to bow like he had just finished a play.

"How long did you think of that for?"

"Oh bloody ages, why did you think I have been so quiet?!"

------------------------------

THE MAP IS OFFICIALLY HERE!!!!!!!