Chapter 15

Halloween was nearing and Remus was not acting like himself, his friends all knew what to do when the full moon was approaching but Cecilia would always feel so guilty when she couldn't help him. It was 2 weeks after Lily's date and the friends conjuring their patronus'. Lily was so happy after her date, she had said that Niall was very sweet and had asked her on another date. Cecilia was very happy for her friend but she could not help but feel sad for James. She knew he was hurting because of all of this and yet again she could do nothing about it.

Cecilia sighed walking into Transfiguration, she took her seat and soon enough James had sat with her. McGonagall was nit in the class room yet so the whole class was chatting about all sorts, James and Cecilia began to talk about their upcoming quidditch match next month until they were interrupted by McLaggen. James rolled his eyes as he turned in his seat to speak to Cecilia. "Diggory! I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the match against Slytherin I-" James chuckled looking at him. "Mate that game was weeks ago, we're now talking about the one we have against Hufflepuff next month."

"As I was saying." He moved his eyes from James back to Cecilia and smiled. "I would have congratulated you sooner but you are hard to track down! I miss you every time." Cecilia giggled. "Maybe I'm not real...maybe I am a figment of you imagination." She stated looking at the boy who began to laugh at her. "Yeah maybe, maybe I'm going crazy!" He said wide eyed. James was about to interrupt but McGonagall walked in. "Open your books to page 235, we will be making notes today!" Cecilia smiled, sometimes she hated actually having a lesson because she would end up zoning out which would then lead to her panicking about what has gone on and James is no help because he also zones out but for the entire lesson.

Cecilia opened her book and began copying notes on the parchment, as she was writing her notes she felt a tap on her foot. She looked at James and he looked down at the piece of parchment. She took it from him and read what he had written.

'Seriously McLaggen?!' She rolled her eyes at James' insinuation and began to write her reply and once she had finished she slid it back over to him, making sure that McGonagall didn't see the exchange. He looked at the parchment which read. 'James, I spoke to him once! You seen he was just being nice!' James began to feel angry rise in his stomach as he believed his friend was being extremely naïve in this situation. Everybody knew that McLaggen used girls to get what he wanted from them, never had a steady relationship and always seemed to be with a new girl every few weeks. James and Sirius liked to call him 'the slag of Gryffindor' but Cecilia would always give them a certain look when they did.

James knew that Cecilia wasn't stupid, although he would not like to admit it he is very protective of his friend. All of her friends were and they all knew that sometimes Cecilia can be too optimistic, she likes to believe there is a good side to everyone. He gave her the paper back which said 'I never said anything...I just think if there is something possibly there then be careful.' Cecilia read the note and smiled, the anger that was built up went in a second, she knew that James was simply looking out for her and she knew he just wanted her to be happy but sometimes it can become extremely infuriating.

She wrote on the parchment again and passed it back to James who didn't realise she had given him it back as he was actually writing the notes McGonagall had set. Cecilia nudged him and nodded over to the noted and he gave a small id opening and reading. 'Don't worry Jamie ;) McLaggen's not my type.' James sighed at the name she had called him, its a stupid name his mother used to call him when he was younger but as soon as she told his friends they have been using it to wind him up. Relief washed over the boy who subconsciously pushed his glasses up his nose as she knew that she would never go for McLaggen. However, curiosity got the better of him and he found himself asking her who she fancied.