Chapter 33

It was now only a day till the full moon and the marauders were lounging about in the common room, it was quite late. However, none of them were really tired.

"So, Cece. The other day...we noticed you leaving Jay's room quite early in the morning. What happened there?" Sirius questioned placing his arm on the side of the armchair and putting his head on his hand while smirking at her.

Cecilia removed the book from her vision and smiled at the boy. "Well Pads, if you just know after my detention he waited for me and walked me back to the common room and before we went to our dorms he asked if I wanted to stay with him."

"That's so cute!" He exclaimed with a large grin plastered on his face. "Moony! Why do you never do that for me?!"

"Because my love, the love of my life, the apple of my eye! We already share a room and we see each other all the time."

"Fair enough." Cecilia chuckled at the two of them, James reached over to the coffee table and picked up the map. "With the full moon being tomorrow we should probably test the map, shouldn't we?"

Cecilia smirked and they all looked at her with confused looks on their face. "I'm scared." James muttered to Peter who nodded.

"Big game of hide and seek?" Sirius jumped up and cheered, he jumped onto Cecilia enveloping her in a hug. Cecilia on the other hand was very confused at his reaction. "You're back! We haven't seen you do anything funny or mischevious in ages!"

"Thank you?" Cecelia questioned. "I mean you have been a bit of a bore recently so to hear this is great!"

"I really don't know if I should take these as a compliment or not..." Sirius shook his head and questioned. "Right who is seeker?"

"Well I think since she is seeker, Cece should be." Petter suggested as Cecilia shook her head. "One thing I hate is being seeker while playing hide and seek."

"Right then...Remus?" James questioned looking at the boy, he seemed tired and James thought he may prefer to seek if he is not completely in the mood for a game. "Yeah I will..." James handed Remus the map and they all rushed out the common room door.

They all separated, Cecilia headed to the third floor. Everywhere was literally like a ghost town and even then most of the ghosts were asleep. She was jogging to find a hiding spot when she ran into something.

"Peeves!" She whisper shouted running into the mischievous ghost. "Oh Cecilia Diggory, what are you doing up at this time? Where's the rest of your little crew?"

"We're playing a big game of hide and seek. Wanna help me hide?"

"Of course I know just the place! Follow me!" The ghost led the girl further down the corridor, he kept a look out for Filtch so that the girl wouldn't get into trouble. After a small journey they had reached a spot. "So why ate you doing this?"

"Well my friends and I made a map of the school with all the secret tunnels and the map shows everyone in the school."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone, where they are, wat they're doing, every minute of everyday. Even you ghosts, you fuckers are even on there."

"I am choosing to ignore the language but that is cool but why?"

"Well we thought we could plan out better pranks and stuff, but we didn't know if it would work so I thought that a big game of hide and seek."

The two quietly stood in the hiding spot, Peeves was keeping an eye out for Filtch or Remus. Soon enough Filtch came storming around the corner with the other four marauders following. "He's here, they're here! Hide!" Peeves whisper shouted.

"What do you think I'm doing?! You're see through! They're gonna see me!" Cecilia whisper shouted back, she sighed realising there was no point in hiding at this point. She'd fucked it again. "There you are."

"Yep." Cece just took her fait, she knew it would probably be another letter home, another disappointing letter back to her from her parents and another week not playing quidditch. While on they're way to McGonagall's office she couldn't help but think about all the work she needs to do, that's what she will do with her spare time. Study.

She felt someone nudge her and she turned to see Peter, she frowned at him trying to tell him to carry one or a what the tick was that for? He shrugged at her and she smirked. "Dickhead." She whispered to him and soon enough they we're all at the office. 

"Come in!" They heard her faint voice call out. All of them walked in and Filtch stood at the door. "Ma'am these five were out of bed after hours."

"Thank you Mr. Filtch." The scrawny man nodded and excited the room and the tall woman stood from her desk, took her small, think glasses off of her face and sighed while she pintched the top of her eyes. "Why is it when anything happened it is always you five?"

"Trust me professor, I've been asking myself that for years." Peter said swinging back and forth and the rest of them chuckled at the boy. "Right, I'm going to let you all off this one time because I think your parents." She stopped to look at the girl. "Would be tired of my letters." Cecilia lowered her head and nodded. "Sorry Minnie."

"Now off to bed all of you." She dismissed them, as they left Peter, Sirius and Remus were all walking in front of the other two friends. James wrapped his arm around Cecilia's shoulder and squeezed her slightly. "What's up?" He said lowly, she shook her head. "Nothing, nothing I'm fine." She smiled up at him.

He knew something was wrong but he also knew that Cecilia wasn't much of a talker when it came down to her feelings, and if you pushed to hard...she pushed away. James nodded and they carried on walking to their dorms, when they reached their dorm rooms they all wished one another goodnight and Cecilia stepped into her dorm and sighed.

She walked over to Marlene's bed. "Marls? Marlene? Marlene McKinnon!" She whispered and she gently nudged the girl. She groaned as she woke up slightly. "Hmm? What's up?"

"Want a ciggy?" She asked. "Yeah, sure why not." Although the other lads didn't know, Cecilia did smoke. It wasn't her best trait she had to admit but it seemed to help her relieve stress, they stood by the window furthest from the other girls beds so they didn't have a lecture.

Marlene took a large drag from her cigarette and held in in her mouth for a few moments before the smoke came out of her nose. "So what's up with you?"

Cecilia laughed looking at the cigarette in her hand. "Genuinely...I have no fucking clue. Everything and nothing at once." Marlene nodded. "I get what you mean. It feels like there is so much happening at once but when you take a step back and actually look at it all...it's not that big."

Cece nodded. "Exactly." Marlene looked at the slightly smaller girl, she watched her friend closer her eyes as the breeze hit both their faces. "How are you and Jay?"

"We haven't really talked, I feel like we haven't anyway. I feel like I hardly see him."

"Do you really like him?" Cecilia thought for a moment, she does like Jay but she doesn't feel like it's in anything more than a friendship. She sometimes feels like she has forced this relationship evacuee she stupidly told James that she fancied him. "Marls, I couldn't tell you. I feel like sometimes on both parts we see each other more as friends than anything else."

"Maybe talk to him about it." Cecilia shook her head as the smoke came out of her mouth. "I think I'm overthinking it, I think if I hadn't said to James that he was some form of secret crush, like an idiot, then I would be a lot less over thinky?" She said unsurely, Marlene nodded. "Yeah...maybe leave it till after Christmas, Christmas is a magical time who knows what could happen."

She winked at the girl and they both put out their cigarettes and Cecilia got changed into her pyjamas. "Goodnight babes."

"Goodnight Marls."

——————————
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I DIDNT REALISE HOW LONG IT HAD BEEN