Chapter 19

Cecilia played with her food not feeling very hungry as the night grew closer. James noticed the change in her demeanour and said. "Cece come on you have to eat something..." He looked at Cecilia who was still looking down at her plate and nodded saying nothing. Sirius glanced between the two and offered a small sad smile to James who in return gave him a nod. Cecilia always seemed to take the full koons the worst out of her friends, she always felt so guilty for not being able to help. "Cecilia, we'll be able to help him next time!" Srius tried to lighten the mood and again she said nothing.

Cecilia's mind was racing on how she could help him tonight, she was thinking about the ways out of the school so she wouldn't get caught, she wanted to be a prefect this year which would have been idea at this point in time but Remus and Lily ended up getting the roles. That's when a light bulb moment hit. She could ask McGonagall to fill in for Remus. She shot up and walked out of the hall to McGonagall's office without a moment to spare. The trio was left clueless and watched as their friends walked away out of the hall.

James went to stand up to go after her but Sirius rested his hand on James' shoulder and shook his head sincerely. "It's not worth it mate, you know how she is before Remus' leaves." Before James couldn't even respond an angry Amos Diggory came bounding towards the Gryffindor table, he sat down where Cecilia had previously been sitting and whacked his hands against the table which made Peter jump. "Amos, what a surprise, how can we help you this fine evening?"

"Don't even start Black, why has Cece just walked out the hall looking upset? What the fuck did you all do?!"

"Bold of you to assume we had anything to do with it." James said calmly. "Since when did you care about her?" James quickly questioned Amos and the brunette scoffed, Amos and Cecilia looked quite alike, they had a similar nose and eyes and when they were both angry they would flail their arms around which James thought was quite amusing. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I've seen the way you are with her, if I could put it into one word I would say...controlling." Amos was furious, he face becoming redder by the second and James was smirking. "I'd watch what you were saying." Amos threatened and James was feeling a little mischievous and though to push him a little further. "I guess the apple doesn't far from the tree." The hall erupted with 'oohhs'. James hadn't noticed that everyone was staring at them until this point. James wasn't the biggest fan of his friends brother but he didn't say anything, encase it hurt Cecilia's feelings. "Say that again."

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree..." With that Amos launched himself at James and began punching him, it took Sirius and Peter to realise what was happening before they ran to James and Amos and tried to pull them apart. The crowed was chanting 'fight!' until they heard footsteps and everyone began to quieten down and there were only the sounds of struggling between Amos and James.

Sirius looked up to see everyone staring at McGonagall who had Cecilia stood behind her with an angry look, James and Amos both stood up. "You two come with me, Now!" She exclaimed leaving the hall the two boys following suit and Cecilia turned to Sirius as everyone began to go back to their own converstaions. "What the fuck was that?!" She looked at him wide eyes. Sirius then began to explain everything to her.

-------------------------------------

10 minutes before the fight

Cecilia had rushed out of the doors and was heading towards McGonagalls office. Howver, she didn't make it to her office as she was speaking to a first year in the main corridor. "Professor!" Cecilia shouted and McGonagall looked at the sixth year and dismissed the young biy she was scolding. "Ms Diggory, how can I help."

"Minnie, you don't have to be so formal, I mean I call you Minnie!"

"Cecilia what is it, you know I'm a busy woman."