Chapter 44

While Cecilia was running around after the two brothers, Sirius and Regulus were sat next to one another in an awkward silence.

"I'm sorry"

"Why did you leave?"

The two of them looked at one another with a confused look. "What do you mean why did I leave?!" Sirius exclaimed. "Why did you leave? Its a simple question, my dear brother..." Regulus rolled his eyes, Sirius sighed and placed his head in his hands.

"Regulus are you really asking me why I left right now?! They were fucking horrible! I had to leave!"

"Why did you leave without me?!" Sirius pinched the bridge of his nose, he didn't want to get annoyed at his question or him but he understood that Regulus would be angry with him. "Reg I didn't want to leave you! I stormed out in anger and I just didn't come back!"

"A letter would have been nice! I was worried! I didn't know where you had gone or even if you were alive! The first time I saw you was when we came back to school and you were laughing and joking with your friends like nothing had happened!" Regulus snapped not even looking at his brother.

Sirius was silent. They both were. You could hear a pin drop. "Look, I wanted to come back, I wanted to take you with me but I was scared!" Sirius took a breath, it was something he had never said to James when he first arrived at his house, but he was petrified of the outcome of his actions.

He used to have nightmares about his parents coming to find him and killing him evacuee of what he did, which is why he never went back for his brother. "I was sacred that they would kill me if I went back!"

"They could have killed me!" Regulus stood up over his brother. "Believe me when I say that nothing got better after you left! In fact it might have possibly gotten worse! But you couldn't give two shits about me!" Regulus was now shouting, Sirius stood up with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Of course I care about you you're my brother!"

"Then where we're you when I needed you?!"

Silence yet again filled the room, both of the boys crying, Regikus quickly wiped his eyes when he realised that he was crying. Before another word could be said Sirius rushed towards his brother and enveloped in a tight hug.

Sirius was a couple inches taller than his brother so he rested his head on Regulus' with tears falling down his already tear soaked cheeks and repeated. "I'm sorry".

Regulus hesitantly hugged him back and the wto stayed like that for what felt like forever. "So who's going to tell Diggory we don't hate each other's guts anymore."

Sirius frowned at the boy. "I never hated you..."

"Eh I did." Regulus replied and in repose Sirius lightly shoved him chuckling. "Dickhead."
———————————————
Remus and Cecilia were sat in Herbology, she kept looking at the clock. "Do you have somewhere to be?" Remus questioned quietly. "No- no- just need to catch up with someone..." she trailed off.

Remus squinted his eyes trying ti push her a little more. "You're not telling me something."

"What me?! No...I- I wouldn't do that to you!"

"And I can see right through your bullshit."

"Fine, Sirius and Regulus are having a little chat courtesy of me so I need to know how they got on after this lesson." She replied quietly. "So that's why you and Sirius made that shit excuse!"

"Yes, now carry on with your work, twat." She shoved him which made Remus nearly fall off of his stool, causing a loud screeching noise to echo around the classroom. "Ms Diggory, Mr Lupin...everyone okay over there?"