Part 3

Red's POV

I'm curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. Boat has a bolder on his back with a blonde girl holding a sword near his head. I just stay curled up, I don't know what to do. If I do anything Boat could be hurt. I haven't been paying attention to anything they're all saying. I'm just filled with panic and fear. I still don't have my sweater. I wish I did. Everyone can see my new bruises and all my old scars.

"Hey, red, red it's okay." Boat says as he pulls me to him. When did he get the bolder off his back? I don't care. I just wrap my arms around him. "Why does she have bruises?" The blonde girl asks. "Edin did it to her." Brandon says. I just hold onto Boat more. "Okay, everyone sit down." A man says. I feel Boat stand up and walk. Then I'm being put on his lap as he sits on a chair.

I don't pay attention to anything, I just try to calm down. "What about the girl?" I hear a man ask as I start paying attention again. "How old is she?" A man asks. "She just turned 16." Boat says. "Is she your kid?" I hear the blonde ask. "What?! No no, she's my little sister." Boat says. "She can sleep with me!" The blonde says. As she says that I hold onto Boat tighter. "Okay okay, choking choking." Boat says as he coughs. I quickly loosen my grip and tap his shoulder two times.

"It's okay sis. And I uh. I don't think she could handle not living with me." Boat says. "I have two extra rooms, She can sleep upstairs." A man says. "Thank you." Boat says. "Let's go." The man says. Boat starts to walk along with him. "Red, We're going to be staying with David." Boat tells me. I tap his shoulder once. "Yes, he's safe. He won't hurt you." Boat tells me. I relax a little and tap his jaw. He stops walking and sits me down so I can walk.

I grab his hand and we both follow David to his house. David has black hair and dark blue eyes. He looks at me and i frown when i see the bandages on him. "Red, Where did your sweater go?" Boat asks when he notices me shivering. I point to where the fight was. "I think she took it off to get away from Edin." David says as he turns a corner. I nod my head and follow him. "So i have an open-door policy," David says. We look at the house and we see that there is no door.

"I see. Would Reds room have a door?" Boat asks. "She has a trap door. Follow me." David says as he walks into the house. Boat follows him then I follow as well. We walk up a set of stairs and David walks to the end room. "This is your room Boat. Kid, your room is up that ladder. This is my room." David says as he motions to where everyone's rooms are. I look at Boat then back at my new room. "Go check it out." Boat tells me. I slowly let go of Boat and walk to the ladder. I don't bother using it.

Instead, I float up to the trap door and i open it. I float inside and land on the floor. There's a small window, a nightstand, a small bookshelf, and a bed. A real bed. I smile and quickly go back down to Boat. I look at him with a smile and bounce a little. "What?" He asks me. I run into his room and i see he has a real bed as well. He follows me. I point to his bed and then upstairs. "You have your own bed?" He asks. I nod my head with an even bigger smile. Boat laughs and shakes his head.