Part 21

Red's POV

I wave at the little boy's parents as we walk away from their home. The three bad guys in jail and everyone else is in their own homes. "Let's go back home." Lani says as she smiles at me. I look at her and nod. "Honestly, that was really easy." I tell Lani. "It was, why?" Lani asks. "I for sure thought they would have used their powers to get out of the vines." Lani says. I smirk and walk towards the guild.

"I can make my vines magic proof. Making it so you can't use magic to get away or anything when you're trapped." I tell Lani. "That's so cool!" Lani says with a smile. I chuckle and start to walk on the water. Lani slowly follows me, my powers making the water hard under our feet. "Race you!" Lani yells as she starts to run along the water. I watch her and my heart speeds up and my face gets hot.

I shake my head and quickly run after her. I laugh as I run past her. "Get back here!" Lani yells at me. I turn around as I run and I look at her. I wave my hand and she gets picked up by the air around her. She screams and laughs. I laugh and bring her over to me as I stop running. I sit her on the ground and she looks at me with a smile. I smile back at her. With a chuckle, I go to turn around, but he grabs my arm and turns back around to her.

I look at her confused. "Your really pretty." Lani tells me as she moves the hair from my face. My eyes widen and my face gets hot. "It's so cute when you blush." Lani tells me. My heart beats faster and my face gets hotter. Lani smiles more and kisses my cheek. She then lets go of me and starts to walk back to the guild island. But, I'm just frozen in place. After a few minutes, I snap out of it and start walking after Lani.

After an hour or so we get back to the guild island. "I'll see you later." Lani says as she hugs me. "See ya later. I'm gonna go update Ritchie on the mission." I tell Lani as i hug her back. She kisses my cheek and let's go. I freeze and watch as she walks away. I slowly snap out of it and walk into the guild hall. I walk up to Ritchie and Brandon's office. Once i get up there i shake my head and knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear Brandon say. I open the door and walk in, shutting the door behind me. "Aw, Red. Glad to see you made it back." Brandon says. "Did you do the job?" Ritchie asks me. "Good to see you two as well." I say. "Me and Lani finished the mission. It was fairly easy. Plus, it was a scam. Buut i did get the money. Plus some." I say. "How was it a scam?" Ritchie asks me. Brandon looks at me confused.